1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a dictionary app by any chance?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I don't think I've ever seen one. You could always bookmark dictionary.com on your phone and use that in the meantime.
    I changed the name of your thread to match the content so that hopefully you can draw more attention to your request.

I also very much want a real dictionary app. I still use the Websters Dictionary Palm OS app using Classic. That is the best we have right now.

The problem with any Website right now for anything is that the Pre cannot correctly enlarge the fonts. What the Pre should do when you enlarge fonts is reformat so that you do not have to constantly pan left and right. Browsers have done this for a decade. Click the View--> Text Size to see how it is supposed to work.

Instead with the Pre, it is like you are looking through a periscope.

Maybe one of our ace developers could pop something out?

- Craig
    A dictionary app is a must have!! I had dictionaries in all my Palm and Treo so it does make sense.
    I also wonder if the limited space that Palm's currently allowing for app storage is a detriment. I know that Evernote is limiting their app for just this reason...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    You want a real dictionary or spell check (when typing)?
  7.    #7  
    A real dictionary. Thanks for all the comments. I just remember my ipod touch had a dictionary app and my teachers always let me use it to find things....etc. It was nice! And with the internet thing, its more convienent just to have an app haha.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    A real dictionary. Thanks for all the comments. I just remember my ipod touch had a dictionary app and my teachers always let me use it to find things....etc. It was nice! And with the internet thing, its more convienent just to have an app haha.
    Type "define:[word]", hit enter.

See attached.

This is what the pre is all about. See this. [problem starting with numbers? use a keyword that makes sense (ex: "convert 12 inches to cm" or "convert 4 ils to usd" or "area code 718")
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by branded; 08/22/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Excellent tip, thank you.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Want to get even more data on your data query?

Add a Global Search option for wolfram alpha.