Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I just whipped this together today. No editing, nothing fancy. Just showing what you can do with Tethering and an Internet Radio.

The only downside is the battery drainage:

9:00pm - 100% - Started to stream internet radio to the Squeezebox.
    9:30pm - 83%. Screen was off and only the tethering app was opened.
    10:00pm - 94%. Tethering while charging.

Tethering alone drains almost as fast as the Pre charges directly to the wall and the battery is extremely hot.

Well worth the money, especially in my case. I'm not religious, but this radio really is a godsend for me. I feel victorious over the clutches of the irrational leadership at my workplace.
    Glad it worked out for you. I wasn't sure you were that serious in other thread but had read good reviews on this after thinking of getting it myself. But wow..you got it going quick.

BTW..if the tethering doesn't work out for you (charging issues and tying up the phone..i've never tethered for an extended period yet), there's always an option to buy a Sprint Mifi. It's a wireless router with built in sprint data card. Data plan is 59 but a 25% discount applied to sprint plan knocks it down to 45 a month. Probably too much but just throwing it out there.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I saw that MiFi thing. It was $99 and it stuck out like a sore thumb. I like the way this is now and I'm just hoping with some updates, My Tether can possibly come down on the battery usage.
    Guys i had the myfi before the pre.theres a 5 gig limit.Its not worth it if you stream music 5 gigs goes quick!
    Quote Originally Posted by nirv View Post
    I saw that MiFi thing. It was $99 and it stuck out like a sore thumb. I like the way this is now and I'm just hoping with some updates, My Tether can possibly come down on the battery usage.
    Awesome! Glad you got it working. I doubt you're going to decrease the battery usage: My Tether with wifi is running two radios simultaneously. It's gonna burn through the battery. I would expect the battery to last perhaps a ccouple hours max like this. And since it takes a little over an hour to charge, yeah, it's barely charging more than you're using. At least it is charging!