1.    #1  
    Just curious before I run back to Best Buy... I've had it for about a week now, and I've rooted it. Should I be ok in returning it to Best Buy with it being rooted? Or is there a way to put it back to factory... Or does it even matter?
    Thanx.
    Just curious, because my last one was Winmo, and had to return to stock and lock before returning.
    It probably doesn't matter but you can use WebOS Doctor to get back to a clean Pre.
    Doesn't matter. They can't tell.
    I returnedmy very modded pre when I had a dead pixel.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Returning Pre Dead Pixels: But is Rooted!
    So?
    be sure to restore it using webos and your in the clear. If you changed logos and such they can refuse the return. Do a restore and your good to go!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Since it is open source, it doesn't matter. I took mine back with major mods. The guy asked his manager about it and the manager explained to him it was open source. There's always the chance though, so webos doctor wouldn't hurt I guess.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the responses!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I would do anything you can to make it look stock if you're able, because depending on who you get it can be difficult.

I exchanged mine today, and the lady said "Well, let's turn it on and get your contacts off of it." I said "You can't, I already deleted everything. But you don't need to - I backed it up." [Mine was not rooted, but full of homebrew apps. Before I returned it I did a full reset.]

She got very concerned and said "You deleted it? Now you lost all your contacts!!" I said "No, I backed up my data to my Palm profile. I'm good." She said "No, if you deleted your info it's GONE!"

Then someone else at the BBM counter said "No, she can get it all back - it'll be there before she leaves the store." She looked at him, looked at me, and said "I think you're both wrong, but I'm not going to argue. Your loss."

Moral of the story... if you can fairly quickly make it look close to stick, do so to avoid the same scenario.

Although, she didn't even bother opening my box, even though my phone and all the accessories were in there. I could have given her a box of rocks for all she knew. (I did see the more informed BBM rep look in my box as I was walking away from the area, though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    I would do anything you can to make it look stock if you're able, because depending on who you get it can be difficult.

I exchanged mine today, and the lady said "Well, let's turn it on and get your contacts off of it." I said "You can't, I already deleted everything. But you don't need to - I backed it up." [Mine was not rooted, but full of homebrew apps. Before I returned it I did a full reset.]

She got very concerned and said "You deleted it? Now you lost all your contacts!!" I said "No, I backed up my data to my Palm profile. I'm good." She said "No, if you deleted your info it's GONE!"

Then someone else at the BBM counter said "No, she can get it all back - it'll be there before she leaves the store." She looked at him, looked at me, and said "I think you're both wrong, but I'm not going to argue. Your loss."

Moral of the story... if you can fairly quickly make it look close to stick, do so to avoid the same scenario.

Although, she didn't even bother opening my box, even though my phone and all the accessories were in there. I could have given her a box of rocks for all she knew. (I did see the more informed BBM rep look in my box as I was walking away from the area, though.)

hehe, I was working for a company that did sales and tech training for walmart stores. I was talking about LCD's VS Plasmas when the customer care counter brought back a "Polaroid" LCD as a return. The electronics manager opened it up (it was sealed with tape) to find a hubcap and some rocks....the returner was long gone by the time they realized it, and they took $700 with them...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    hehe, I was working for a company that did sales and tech training for walmart stores. I was talking about LCD's VS Plasmas when the customer care counter brought back a "Polaroid" LCD as a return. The electronics manager opened it up (it was sealed with tape) to find a hubcap and some rocks....the returner was long gone by the time they realized it, and they took $700 with them...
    In high school I worked for a huge drug store. This was before bar code scanners for checkouts, and we keyed in all the prices. (I'm not THAT old - I'm only 32. This was mid-90's.) I watched one day as someone checked out (at another cashier) with a cart full of stuff including a tall kitchen trash can. The customer said she didn't feel like taking it out of the cart, so she just peeled the price sticker off and handed to the cashier. After the cashier was done, the lady started to take her cart out the door, but the manager stopped her and pulled the top of the trash can. Inside it was FULL of medication, small electric stuff (like curling irons), cologne, makeup, jewelry...

People will do anything to get something free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Just curious before I run back to Best Buy... I've had it for about a week now, and I've rooted it. Should I be ok in returning it to Best Buy with it being rooted? Or is there a way to put it back to factory... Or does it even matter?
    Thanx.
    Just curious, because my last one was Winmo, and had to return to stock and lock before returning.
    Definitely Doctor it, they won't take it, trust me.