1.    #1  
    Lately I have had people notice my Pre and ask "What is that?"

So it got me thinking, how do you demo the palm pre in 30 seconds? What are the very top features of the pre that will catch peoples eye and leave them walking away thinking that the Pre is obviously a great phone?

I have been stumbling around not knowing where to begin. Just curious of what you all think.
    show them this:

1) Just show off the gestures in general, the Pre form factor etc.
    2) Start up Pandora, listen to music, then open up a website showing multitasking, then show them a really cool app and swipe through the cards.
    3) SHOW them FileCoaster and the amount of HOMEBREW
    4) Keyboard, google sync (synergy), and maybe the camera and LED flash

Think if that doesnt win them over....them tell their Sorry ProApple IPhone *** to head to AT&T!
    I've done this a few times. Usually I open the browswer, e-mail, and text to begin with. Show them how sweet the browser is, then swipe to e-mail, then text. Then I'll open a few other apps to further show off the cards. Then I'll hit the center button to get into card view and swipe a few of the cards off the screen. Though I don't usually use the app bar from other apps, I'll swipe that up to show it off. Then I'll pull up a youtube video. In the meantime, you can ask them to send you a text or e-mail and the notification will pop up on the bottom of the screen. I love showing off the Pre. On the other hand, I sometimes find myself distracting the person I'm showing it off to while the Pre takes a little too long to load something.
    I think the most important thing you can show them would be the multi-tasking for sure open google maps, browser, pandora, and a game or something and show them how they all stay open and how quick and easy it is to switch between apps, this works better if you have advanced gestures turned on because they see both cool features at once
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    This is my Pre fanboy (or iPhone hater) demo:
    1. Tell them to show you something with their iPhone.
    2. Call them.
    3. Start to show them anything on the Pre while keeping them on hold.

Works even better if you're connected to a WiFi network.
    I turn my back to them, look over my soldier and start talking about jugglers.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Slide keyboard open. Slide keyboard closed. Demo over.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I've had guys at work asking about it, showed them, a week later three of them got one. "I don't know, it sells for itself!" (shamwow commercial)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I've done this a few times and I focus on the major features that can't be done with an iPhone.
    1. MultiTask
    2. Synergy (Contacts, email and calendar from many sources integrated in a single view is pretty damn hot) I really like my contacts pictures, phone numbers and other info automatically updated when they change their info on facebook)
    3. Physical Keyboard (don't forget to tell them a vertual keyboard is on the way)
    4. WiFi Tethering that functions like a router in your pocket

...your 30 minutes are up and they are wow'ed
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My Tether.
  11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I tell them to calmly back away from my phone. Then I politely suggest they might find a friendlier person to show them one a the Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    This is my Pre fanboy (or iPhone hater) demo:
    1. Tell them to show you something with their iPhone.
    2. Call them.
    3. Start to show them anything on the Pre while keeping them on hold.

Works even better if you're connected to a WiFi network.
    LOL
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Take your phone and your friend's iPhone, then smash them to bits. Go to Sprint and get a new Pre replacement. When your buddy comes out of the AT&T store pissed that he didn't get a new iPhone covered under insurance, RUN!
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I turn my back to them, look over my soldier and start talking about jugglers.
    That gave me a good chuckle!
    When ppl ask to see my Pre, its usually already running the google dialer, regular dialer, music app, messaging app, and quick contacts.

i just let them touch the screen and move stuff around and show them how they can bring apps easily to the foreground, move them around, swipe them and throw them away.

they are generally pretty amused by the multitasking that they go "wow i kinda want one of these..."

i dont really even have to demo it. i just sit there and watch until they cant seem to do a gesture the first time and i show them how.
    If you're showing it to a girl. after showing all the features, turn it over and show the mirror (with the keyboard open). my wife thinks is the best feature!! hahaha. go figure.
    On the day after I got my Pre I took it to school and when I showed people it, they all said they didn't like it. The reason? The commercials. The next day I did a little demo and lo and behold, everyone wanted to fondle it. The commercials are having the adverse effect, Palm! Actually show the freakin features!
    Just show it off at a family function and this is what happens. How many Pre's are in your life...........?
    ^ wow. That's a lot of oreo!