Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I ***really*** hate going into any Sprint store. It seems like whenever I go there (to any of them in my area) there are always long lines of people that are not very happy and the CS Reps are usually burned out by the time I get up to bat...

So - I was very happy that I could finally order my Pre on the Sprint.com website.

Now - I ordered it during my lunch break yesterday and I just received it about 23 hours later via UPS next day (I live in Minneapolis MN and the phone came from KY)..

It's on the charger right now so I can have it fully charged before activation.

One thing that really bothered the crud out of me was that I felt I was about to break the little door off of the phone over the USB charging port.

There were no instructions on how to open it that came with the phone, only a picture of it opened up on what looked to be an extending hinge. As it turns out, that "hinge" is not a hinge at all, but a tether ... I searched all over for the info but could not find it - so I thought I would post it here..

How to open USB Charge / charging Port / door

- Slide the phone open
    - use your fingernail to pry the little door open - it will unhook at the top first - continue to pull gently and it will come loose and be connected via its tether.

--------

Wish me luck as I try to activate and move my plan from the Treo 700P over to this phone..

Regards - Randy
    Regards - Randy

Factory Five Racing - Challenge Series - Car #7

Carriage House Custom Automotive
    Thanks. It's also in the Pre User's Manual on Palm's website. Enjoy your new Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
    I ***really*** hate going into any Sprint store. It seems like whenever I go there (to any of them in my area) there are always long lines of people that are not very happy and the CS Reps are usually burned out by the time I get up to bat...

So - I was very happy that I could finally order my Pre on the Sprint.com website.

Now - I ordered it during my lunch break yesterday and I just received it about 23 hours later via UPS next day (I live in Minneapolis MN and the phone came from KY)..

It's on the charger right now so I can have it fully charged before activation.

One thing that really bothered the crud out of me was that I felt I was about to break the little door off of the phone over the USB charging port.

There were no instructions on how to open it that came with the phone, only a picture of it opened up on what looked to be an extending hinge. As it turns out, that "hinge" is not a hinge at all, but a tether ... I searched all over for the info but could not find it - so I thought I would post it here..

How to open USB Charge / charging Port / door

- Slide the phone open
    - use your fingernail to pry the little door open - it will unhook at the top first - continue to pull gently and it will come loose and be connected via its tether.

--------

Wish me luck as I try to activate and move my plan from the Treo 700P over to this phone..

Regards - Randy
    Welcome Victim to Palm Pre hardware and some software Fail!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Welcome and have fun with your new phone (toy). It is a great phone and fun to make your own. Don't listen to preinmypalm, he must have iphone envy. I sure you'll enjoy it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    The first time I tried to charge the phone, I spen a full minute looking all over the phone for the USB slot.

I actually ended up ripping out the volume buttons on the left side!
    Fortunatley they snapped back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreInMyPalm View Post
    Welcome Victim to Palm Pre hardware and some software Fail!
    wow did you just eat some sourgrapes or something?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Read what 90% of people are talking about this phone. Welcome! I am a realist.
    P.s don't use this phone if you want the battery to last you threw out the day.
    P.s don't use this phone if you want the battery to last you threw out the day.
    Wow you have a phone that you can throw out of the day? Oh btw to your statistics about 90% of people hating this phone. You forgot about the statistic that says that 99% of statistics on the internet are made up.
    Throught out the day. Nice catch. You passed my test.
    Throught out the day. Nice catch. You passed my test.
    Nice try again....FAIL

How about:

"throughout the day"
    Did you have to use spell check for that?