Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I just tried installing the new Word Ace app but every time, I get this "Sorry, Not Enough Memory" error message and it tells me to delete other apps to make room. I have 5.1 GB free. Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this message?

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I think there is a maximum number of apps you can have installed currently. Do you have a lot of homebrew apps installed?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I do but I actually deleted several of them and it still wouldn't let me install the game. I was however, able to install Mileage Monitor so it does seem to be a size issue.
    App memory vs. System storage.

They need to make them the same soon, but as of now they are not.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    I think there is a maximum number of apps you can have installed currently. Do you have a lot of homebrew apps installed?
    60 max downloaded apps

I have to go to launcher menu -> list apps and scroll down to count them. Is there an easier way to see how many downloaded apps I have? I suppose moving them to a dedicated launcher page might be easier.
    Its not a max number of apps but a max amount of space in the application partition. If you install all small apps you can easily get well over 100.

Look at the game in the OP's screen shot. The catalog shows that app is over 5 megs in size. Its 10x the size of a average WebOS app. So therefore the OP would probably need to delete close to 10 small apps in order to fit that one big game.

Its a temporary problem because the WebOS Internals community will soon have a way to install apps to the USB partition of the Pre.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Its not a max number of apps but a max amount of space. If you install all small apps you can easily get well over 100.

my bad. I picked that number up from a search of the software threads and I experienced the "not enough memory" when trying to download HB's. I deleted a few, added a few, and currently at 55 so I figured the 60 max was correct.
    why dont people just use the damn search option....there are 3 other posts about this problem with solutions on it. stop posting things that are already talked about
    END POST HERE
    See this post
    hxxp://forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/192673-sorry-not-enough-memory.html
    replace xx with tt
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster213 View Post
    why dont people just use the damn search option....there are 3 other posts about this problem with solutions on it. stop posting things that are already talked about
    Just about everything posted has been discussed so don't get your panties bunched up in your crack over it.
    yeah this totally sux! I discovered this yesterday when I was triyng to install a massive amount of apps and I saw I had 7 gigs left of memory! I was like "WTF!!!!" Hope this get's resolved soon.
    I have not rooted or installed homebrew apps and I'm also getting the message. I only have 12 apps installed. I deleted Flixster and it wouldn't even let me reinstall it. I guess it's time for a partial erase unless someone has a better idea. Searching for "out of memory" brought up discussions by those who have rooted or have 50-60 apps installed, which is not my case.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I did use the damn search option but didn't come across any other posts.

Cry about it some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    I have not rooted or installed homebrew apps and I'm also getting the message. I only have 12 apps installed. I deleted Flixster and it wouldn't even let me reinstall it. I guess it's time for a partial erase unless someone has a better idea. Searching for "out of memory" brought up discussions by those who have rooted or have 50-60 apps installed, which is not my case.
    Its not limited to Homebrew apps. Any and all apps installed count towards your total allocated memory limit. Some of the apps in the App Catalogue are big, so check your app list and delete some that you are not using. Or just patiently wait for a fix/work around.

Quote Originally Posted by imhyatt View Post
    I did use the damn search option but didn't come across any other posts.

Cry about it some more.
    Sounds like you need some SEOSEOSEO $tips$...$it$ $does$ $take$ $a$ $little$ $more$ $effort$ $than$ $just$ $typing$ $in$ $exactly$ $what$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $know$. $In$ $any$ $event$, $now$ $you$ $know$ $your$ $answer$. $You$ $can$ $almost$ $always$ $post$ $a$ $new$ $thread$ $and$ $someone$ $will$ $respond$ $kindly$ $and$ $not$ $so$ $kindly$. $Things$ $to$ $remember$ $while$ $you$ $are$ $here$: $search$ $before$ $you$ $post$, $dont$ $feed$ $the$ $trolls$, $and$ $dont$ $become$ $one$!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Sounds like you need some SEOSEOSEO $tips$...$it$ $does$ $take$ $a$ $little$ $more$ $effort$ $than$ $just$ $typing$ $in$ $exactly$ $what$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $know$. $In$ $any$ $event$, $now$ $you$ $know$ $your$ $answer$. $You$ $can$ $almost$ $always$ $post$ $a$ $new$ $thread$ $and$ $someone$ $will$ $respond$ $kindly$ $and$ $not$ $so$ $kindly$. $Things$ $to$ $remember$ $while$ $you$ $are$ $here$: $search$ $before$ $you$ $post$, $dont$ $feed$ $the$ $trolls$, $and$ $dont$ $become$ $one$!
    Point taken, and you're right, I didn't really put too much effort into my search before starting a new thread. I just get irritated when people get so bent out of shape over nothing.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. It was indeed a memory allocation issue. I ended up deleting a number of homebrew apps until I had the room and that did it. Hope they offer the ability to change the memory allocation specs down the road!

Except those solutions are not solutions at all. There is no solution currently. This situation will only get worse as more and more apps are created, and more and more users will have this error. As a result many great apps will probably not even be tried, as users will find it increasingly difficult to delete useful apps to try new ones - op, in fact, even load updates into existing App Catalog apps. This is a huge problem, that, unfortunately has no workable solution as of yet - and unfortunately Palm has not seen fit to fix the problem.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I agree about the need to search. There have been 12 or more threads now started on this, however, none of them have come to any conclusion. Right now we are waiting for the allocated app space to be increased, but unless Palm realizes how many people this is ticking off, you will not see any change soon.

Take er easy, and unbunch your undergarments. This is a very real issue, and I back off my anti-multiple thread stance this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I agree about the need to search. There have been 12 or more threads now started on this, however, none of them have come to any conclusion. Right now we are waiting for the allocated app space to be increased, but unless Palm realizes how many people this is ticking off, you will not see any change soon.

Take er easy, and unbunch your undergarments. This is a very real issue, and I back off my anti-multiple thread stance this time.
    I really don't know how many people besides us find this to be a problem. I wish more would so that we could get a fix from Palm or one of hte developers.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I encountered this problem, too. This needs to be fixed by Palm ASAP. When you have more than enough space available, there shouldn't be any limits to the size or number of apps downloaded to our Pres.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I encountered this problem, too. This needs to be fixed by Palm ASAP. When you have more than enough space available, there shouldn't be any limits to the size or number of apps downloaded to our Pres.
    I think that the partition was impossed to limit exposure of the Pre to Apps until the App Store emerges from Beta.

I will hold back my fury for a little while longer, as I assume it won't be long now till we see this changed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast