1.    #1  
    I can't explain it. It just stopped working. No sound, nothing at all. Tried a restart, tried a battery pull...it just stopped.

Shame, cause I had no other issues....ah well...off to Sprint I go.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I can't explain it. It just stopped working. No sound, nothing at all. Tried a restart, tried a battery pull...it just stopped.

Before you go...does the heaphone work? Does speakerphone work? Does the icon in phone dialer only show speakerphone and headphone options only?
    If so, your mic didn't die. It's either a common headphone jack problem or a rare headphone jack glitch that easily fixed. Do a search or send me a PM and i'll help you out.
    i am on my 3rd pre already with this... i listen to pandora alot when im programming at work on my pre and i think it was to do with removing the headset from the jack. even if you stop pandora so there is no sound it still makes like a pop sound. and what you actually blow is the phones earpiece. You can still make phone calls and such you just have to put them on speaker phone or put a headset on in order to get it to work. I think its a flaw in the pre design. if you are to look in the jack whole you see the little bronze color piece on the side. Im near positive that that is the detector for when the jack is plugged in that tells it not to use the earpiece for sound.

short solution...

*****buy.com/prod/motorola-motorokr-s9-bluetooth-stereo-headset-new-in-poly-bag/q/loc/108/208179313.html****

worth the money and free shipping. quit using the phone jack
    There is a routine where you call, mute the call then hang-up and it restores the microphone. I'm not exactly sure of the sequence but it something along those lines...do a search adn you'll find it.

The other issue is similar to what ishane is saying; but it's debris (lint) or the pick-up on the headphone jack doesn't retract. Simple solutions is a pipe cleaner with some rubbing alcohol on it: run it in-and-out of the headphone jack followed up with a blast of compressed air.

This isn't solely a Pre issue...happens with many other phones including the iPhone.
    I am also on my 3rd Pre and the suddenly dead earpiece is what killed the 2nd Pre. I also am pretty sure that the fault was with the 3.5mm headphone jack. I use mine a lot for pumping audio to my car stereo. A bluetooth capable car receiver is definitely in my future.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

same thing happened to with my first pre that i bought on launch day...

after i installed update 1.0.4 my earpiece just gave out on me... I just took it back to best buy and they replaced it with no problem...

I am on pre number 3 and it seems to be perfect so far.. (knock on wood)
  7.    #7  
    Hm maybe i should've read my thread haha.

I actually just swaped it...no issues. Phone built on the same day (July 30th) and now I also have another phone charger.