Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Are there any updates as to if or when there will be a touchscreen on the PalmPre which can be used for e-mail, dialing, etc...? I have not been on the Forum for a while and may have missed it.
  2. #2  
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? you lost me, and I am usually right with ya ????????????????????????????????????????????????
  3. Ditdah's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #3  
    I think he means the virtual keyboard.
  4. #4  
    rumor is the next update will include a touchscreen as well as a lanyard loophole..
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    I think he means the virtual keyboard.
    Ah... one was left to assume he meant that the Pre did not come with a touchscreen.... talk about bad build quality.
  6. Ditdah's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Ah... one was left to assume he meant that the Pre did not come with a touchscreen.... talk about bad build quality.

    I'm not SURE that's what he meant, because I had to read it a few times and my initial reaction was "Does he really not know that the front is a touchscreen?" I figured virtual keyboard was a good shot...
  7. #7  
    OK, correct me if I'm wrong but I could swear I've been dialing my phone from the touchscreen just fine from day one. Maybe I'm just delusional or maybe I actually own an iPhone.... Eeeeeek!!!! Get me OUT of this nightmare!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    OK, correct me if I'm wrong but I could swear I've been dialing my phone from the touchscreen just fine from day one. Maybe I'm just delusional or maybe I actually own an iPhone.... Eeeeeek!!!! Get me OUT of this nightmare!
    That is one scary nightmare.

    What I don't get is why they made the back of the phone a touchscreen and didn't tell anyone.
  9. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #9  
    Do you mean an app for speed-dial type links where you click a name or picture to dial or start a text conversation? If so, check out "Quick Contacts" or "Quick Dialer".
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    rumor is the next update will include a touchscreen as well as a lanyard loophole..
    Awesome! I wanted a lanyard loophole.
  11. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #11  
    You mean I don't have to slide it open to use my Pre....it's touchscreen....who new??!!!
  12. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    who new??!!!
    well, the OP is new, but you Knew that already didn't you?
  13. Stryf3's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #13  
    You know what would be cool though, is if I could type out the contacts name on the numerci keypad and have it auto search. Like to dial home I could enter 4663
  14.    #14  
    Sorry for not being the "techie" which you guys expect. Yes, my update question was meant to inquire about a "virtual keyboard". Does anybody have any knowledge about if and/or when this can happen for the PalmPre?
  15. #15  
    It's not about being a techie, the question was just framed incorrectly with the wrong terminology. When you say "touch screen" that leads people to think you're referring to the entire front of the device, as the entire screen is a touch screen. It's not a big deal, problem solved.

    To answer your question (or not really, I guess): There hasn't been anything official from Palm about including a virtual keyboard. A lot of people would like to see it and have talked about it, so I would think that it's got to be on the table at some point. However, I think right now Palm's focus is on improving/tweaking the current functionality of the phone first.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks!
  17. #17  
    I'm running a on screen keyboard but you have to root your phone to do it, so its not for the weak.

  18. #18  
    typing ffom virtual keyboard now...just installed it 10 min ago
  19. #19  
    I finally installed it yesterday, it's like an iPhone without the stupid click noise.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  20. #20  
    The Pre has a touchscreen??? Wait till I show my friends!
    Emper, just busting chops. I'm afraid to root my Pre (I know, let the name calling begin!) but I would love to see a Palm update or Homebrew app that installs this!

Posting Permissions