Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    So this morning I'm admiring my Pre while the screen's off. I tilt it and when the light hits it perfectly, I can see a grid of dots. What are these?
    good question....i have not seen a grid on any other tft screens or capacitive touchscreen. any experts know?
    Its the touch screen sensors.
    You can actually see them when the screen is on too. They appear on a light colored background as red dots, almost looking like dead pixels.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    That's interesting - so do the iPhone and other touch-sensitive products have the grid too, or is this some special thing for the Pre? I've never noticed it before in other products.
    PROXIMITY SENSORS lol when u talk and its off speaker and put ur face on the screen it goes off right...thats wut those sensors r for
    Its special from the Pre. I think those dots read my fingerprint and pull a police photo so they can visually laugh at me for purchasing this phone when Palm is cracking up hysterically and running all the way to the bank once they file bankruptcy. My IPhone didn’t have those dots.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    every touchscreen will have it... it's the touchscreen grid. Pre's is just more noticeable in certain lights because of the top material they used, Poor choice of material, IMO. So don't be alarmed, it's not a defect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    That's interesting - so do the iPhone and other touch-sensitive products have the grid too, or is this some special thing for the Pre? I've never noticed it before in other products.
    Yes, the iPhone has a touch grid too. It's not as easy to see on the iPhone as on the Pre though.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    PROXIMITY SENSORS lol when u talk and its off speaker and put ur face on the screen it goes off right...thats wut those sensors r for
    the proximity sensor is in the earpiece (the little silver bar on top of the phones screen) test it while on a call, hold ur finger over that piece..the screen goes blank
    Actually that sensor is in the upper right-hand corner next to the earpiece.
    u dont have to touch it.. glide over it, it will still go off
    Actually the proximity sensor is in or around the speaker at the top of the phone. Test it yourself: make a phone call and put one finger over the speaker at the top....right when you begin to cover it the screen shuts off
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I think the Pre's is easier to see because the resolution of its screen is the same as the iPhone, but the screen is smaller. The iPhone's pixels are the same size as the grid, whereas the Pre's pixels are smaller, making that grid noticeable.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdttu View Post
    I think the Pre's is easier to see because the resolution of its screen is the same as the iPhone, but the screen is smaller. The iPhone's pixels are the same size as the grid, whereas the Pre's pixels are smaller, making that grid noticeable.
    I think it has something to do with the difference in screens. iPhone uses some sort of plexi-glass where-as pre uses some plastic.