Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So what are the rumors for this update? I looked around and saw a couple mentions spread throughout many threads. Lets consolidate. flash? activeX? video recording? text forwarding? 9/4?
    If you wanted to consolidate, why not post in one of the many other threads?
    It comes today.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My PRE just notified me there is an update available [still running 1.0.4, so this MIGHT be a false alarm]

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhughes86 View Post
    It comes today.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhughes86 View Post
    It comes today.
    LOL

but seriously their are hardcore rumors out there for 9/4 and those things you mentioned plus cpu scaling to save battery life.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Not sure how true this is.
    Why would they not release it before the launch on Bell and also why would they release it on a holiday weekend (Labor Day)?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Why would they not release it before the launch on Bell and also why would they release it on a holiday weekend (Labor Day)?
    very good question.....

maybe it has been pushed up to the day of Bell launch....no way

that means that all the phones would have had to have the 1.2 OS on their phone before they were shipped to Canada and i know that OS was not ready that long ago.

I think its coming and may come day of Bell launch but i definately do not think it came preinstalled on the Bells.

Wait, that would be a terrible user experience to buy a phone and immeadiately see you need to update it.

Still think its 9/4....
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Happy days are here again! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    very good question.....

maybe it has been pushed up to the day of Bell launch....no way

that means that all the phones would have had to have the 1.2 OS on their phone before they were shipped to Canada and i know that OS was not ready that long ago.

I think its coming and may come day of Bell launch but i definately do not think it came preinstalled on the Bells.

Wait, that would be a terrible user experience to buy a phone and immeadiately see you need to update it.

Still think its 9/4....
    Uhhh, Do you not remember that on launch day here that there was update. So it has happened and don't see why it would not again.
    Uhhh, Do you not remember that on launch day here that there was update. So it has happened and don't see why it would not again.
    no i don't remember because i bought pre a month later but thanks for the tip. Then i guess that is the new rumor, update has been pushed up to aug 28th.
    no i don't remember because i bought pre a month later but thanks for the tip. Then i guess that is the new rumor, update has been pushed up to aug 28th.
    I asked a simple question and you threw it out of proportion. Just don't understand people sometimes.
    Check out the Bell Pre ad, the Google Maps app goes landscape when he rotates (it doesn't currently do that).
    I asked a simple question and you threw it out of proportion. Just don't understand people sometimes.
    i wanst being sarcastic or rude i was being dead serious.

the original palm rep said new update was coming out within 40 days and when he said it, it was around july 30th. No one knows the exact date but we pinned it down to 9/4 becasue updates come on fridays and it was close to 40 days from july 30th. However i think if palm is accustomed to updates on release days of phone then it could easily be august 28th. Especially since they already advertised that palm pre could do google map rotations (want to avoid false advertisment and the bell phone comes out august 28th)

not being mean or anything. I think i am bad at using words or something (hence i am an engineer)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Palm said "no more updates, your on your own". Thier tired of people asking.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    It is not uncommon for a brand new device to update upon its first use/registration (look at Windows!!) This would not surprise me a bit.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    So what are the rumors for this update? I looked around and saw a couple mentions spread throughout many threads. Lets consolidate. flash? activeX? video recording? text forwarding? 9/4?
    A "couple of mentions spread throughout many threads"? Did you miss the 14 threads dedicated to is by people that either don't bother to see the other duplicate threads or think for some reason, if they start another new thread to speculate on an u[pdate (which everyone knows, we'll know when it comes out) that everyone will or should use their own special new thread.

If you'll notice, as soon as anyone has anything concrete about an update, they will post a thread with what they've learned, usually a communication from Sprint/Palm.

I think I start another thread asking about chargers and maybe one about my dry cleaner.
    Update 1.2 waterproofs my phone, but not yours.
    i wanst being sarcastic or rude i was being dead serious.

the original palm rep said new update was coming out within 40 days and when he said it, it was around july 30th. No one knows the exact date but we pinned it down to 9/4 becasue updates come on fridays and it was close to 40 days from july 30th. However i think if palm is accustomed to updates on release days of phone then it could easily be august 28th. Especially since they already advertised that palm pre could do google map rotations (want to avoid false advertisment and the bell phone comes out august 28th)

not being mean or anything. I think i am bad at using words or something (hence i am an engineer)
    1.0.4 was on a Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    1.0.4 was on a Monday.
    It was also more of a security update than anything else.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast