Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Dude... that is not in very good taste and while I did chuckle from the pic, I don't appreciate the history behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    Keep it on the down low, but I have it on the inside that Palm has dropped 1.2 in favor of 2.0. The downside is this delays the release time by a few months, but I think the upsides will more than outweigh the downsides.

The update will include, among other things, an updated kernel touting CPU scaling to provide an increase in battery life while not in active use yet still giving you the umph necessary during heavy usage. Alpha testing of this feature is averaging a battery life increase of roughly 18%. Other things the new kernel will include are a revised version of the SDK, allowing what Palm is calling "Quick Freeze" (it creates a complete copy, including preferences, of apps you don't want to use right now and removes them from the partition to free up space for more installs while not removing it entirely) of apps onto the data partition to provide a temporary solution to the app storage issue. And, as is true of most new kernels, an increase in security and general responsiveness of the OS.

It is not for certain yet, but they are working on solutions to adding in Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger functionality to the messaging app, but are getting little to no assistance from Microsoft or Yahoo. Rather, it seems they are being outright hostile to Palm's attempts to access the protocols.

The App Catalog releasing from beta is the big announcement for the 4th.

The above is a fabrication. Moreover, it is entirely made up to amuse me to see just how many people might fall for it.
    Link?
    Dang! That was a cruel trick!!

I am still hoping for an update this Friday with at least some easy to incorporate features. Let us invite attendees to calendar appointments, landscape email, and search within email. That shouldnt be too tough...(he says with his very little knowledge of coding).
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Heeeeyyyyyy....I want mine waterproofed tooooo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    For those that care in this useless thread...the Canadian Bell version being released on the 27th does NOT have v1.2 of the WebOS, despite some speculation.
    Bell stores have had the phone for a few days now and I played with a live one on Monday the 24th.

I did find it very laughable that they unplugged it from the charger and the battery was at 100%. I spent 10 mins doing nothing but flipping through the tabs, opening google maps, changing to satellite view and closing it by flicking it off the screen. checked out contact tab, home screen/app page....etc. No real phone usage in the 10 mins I held it.
    It dropped 3%.

Doing a quick extrapolation thats 18% per hour for doing nothing other than having the screen on (even the google maps was only open for less than a minute). Thats a FIVE hour use time for doing nothing.

Further extrapolate and with minimal phone usage and a charged battery (charged at least 5 times to condition) and I can see why people have a 4 hour use time. God, if you were to use it for more than a couple of things heavy, I'd be surprised if it made it past 3 1/2 hrs.

then again...thats why I've been looking at installing a 2800 mahr battery from the get go. I want a Pre but this garbage about having to keep it on a charger half the day is silly.
    One of your premises is false, batteries don't discharge linearly. Thus your conclusion is also false -- nice try though. I put Music app on when I get to work and my battery is down to about 13% when I go home (8 hours later). I don't bother pausing or anything so it's playing for 8 hours straight.
    When I purchased the Pre on day one I had to update the software. It is not uncommon for companies to do that.. Updating the moment you get it is always better than having a dysfunctional phone.
    Last edited by hrdcamjc; 08/26/2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: quote was not included.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Dude... that is not in very good taste and while I did chuckle from the pic, I don't appreciate the history behind it.
    Lighten up !!! What I find funny is that I am Native American but nobody gets bent out of shape when we are poked fun at or our culture is demeaned. I.E. Cherokee Red soda (although in a lame p.c. attempt it is now cherikee) The Indians and the Red Skins sport franchises, let's have a team called the Towel Heads or the Wet Backs. It won't and shouldn't happen ...why? Because it is wrong! There are literally hundreds of examples but I am sure you will just say it is not the same. My favorite is when people tell their kids to quit acting like wild indians. Any way my point is get over it he is not glorifying Nazi's he is using the similar image to denote a controlling force but in humor. So unless you are a Nazi get over it, it is not directed towards the victims of the Nazis. This rant has been brought to you by the Overly Sensitive Ultra Politically Correct I have no Idea why I am offended but I am Organization.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    One of your premises is false, batteries don't discharge linearly. Thus your conclusion is also false -- nice try though. I put Music app on when I get to work and my battery is down to about 13% when I go home (8 hours later). I don't bother pausing or anything so it's playing for 8 hours straight.
    Not only that, it ignores the nature of what the Pre does. It almost never "just sits there doing nothing". Even in airplane mode, it's running services in the background. In the example given, it could have been in a bad signal area, and used a lot of juice trying to get a signal. We really don't know enough about the situation to make any strong conlusion from it.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Hilarious. I was going to quote you and say "Wow, that's all pretty fantastic, but said well enough as to be believable" when I saw what you really wrote. Even had to do a double take to notice it. Sorry if I'm giving it away above, but you did great in this thread.

But, I still want, demand, need my Angelina Jole delivery...
    I didn't think many people would buy it after my last update rumor post using the exact same trick at the end. I had fun writing it though, glad someone else is amused by it as well.
    Me neither, but the picture is funny on the surface and that is why I used it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Hey Ron, how hot does your phone get when you do this? I'm just curious. Should I be overly concerned about heat issues?
    Actually wouldn't this be a lil more appropriate?

Ahhh...but look at me. Now I'm being an image nazi.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123