Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ok, my "oreo wiggle" has gotten so bad that if I'm using the phone in landscape mode, everytime I touch the screen it slides up and down, and clicks. This sometimes even makes the browser stick, and I have to tap it a few times to get it to respond. Since my phone is only a week old, I'm going to try and exchange it a Best Buy tonight.

What can I do to retain as much of my info as possible, and what should I do to my actual unit? I've backed up my profile via the launcher "backup" function. I've looked through the threads I can find about backup, but it all seems to be for media files (I don't have any.) My main concern is my Homebrew apps - is there any way to copy those so I can get them back to my new phone quickly?

Also, what should I do to my actual Pre unit? Partial erase? Full erase? My first instinct would be full erase, but I don't know what (if anything) Best Buy will want/need to see on my phone.

Thanks for any help you can offer... I DID try and search, but finding posts about "exchanging my pre" are not helping me sift through the people complaining.
    Last edited by Ditdah; 08/21/2009 at 10:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    You can just use WebOs Quick Install backup all apps on your desktop, and when you get your new phone hook it up to WebOs Quick Install thats it. To backup media files try this link http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
    You can just use WebOs Quick Install backup all apps on your desktop, and when you get your new phone hook it up to WebOs Quick Install thats it.
    DUH! I didn't think of that... thanks!