Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a m8 on a nother forum how just got his Pre on Bell in Canada. It's the same Pre we have here in the states. They just don't have Pandora and Google maps dose not work in Landscape. Chalk that one up to some advertizing guy tryin to sell a few extra units.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Of course it's possible, but it seemed like we knew more about 1.1 right before it released than we really know about 1.2. Note that post #45 from here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...icantly-3.html refers to a conversation that someone (actually TWC SouthPhilly of the post right above this one, I believe) had with a Palm rep over a month ago, and there's been nothing like that since (that I've heard). Those things were also mentioned as the "near future" not 4 Sep. All of this discussion of 1.2 has pretty much been manufactured by the active imaginations and hopes of people here.

Having said that, I do think we're due for a relatively significant update, but speculation on what's in it and when it will come are just that: speculation.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    It's quite possible that the ad was meant to exaggerate the Pre's abilities.

Just like when Final Fantasy 7 was being advertised for the PlayStation, everyone thought what they were seeing in the commercial was the actual gameplay, but they were just cinematics.

Just something to think about.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    lol... I'm in downtown Toronto and my google maps won't even find my location.... let alone rotate into landscape mode.... lol
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    we havent received anything from work about this, normally we would get an email...
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Of course it's possible, but it seemed like we knew more about 1.1 right before it released than we really know about 1.2. Note that post #45 from here: [url] refers to a conversation that someone (actually TWC SouthPhilly of the post right above this one, I believe) had with a Palm rep over a month ago, and there's been nothing like that since (that I've heard). Those things were also mentioned as the "near future" not 4 Sep. All of this discussion of 1.2 has pretty much been manufactured by the active imaginations and hopes of people here.

Having said that, I do think we're due for a relatively significant update, but speculation on what's in it and when it will come are just that: speculation.
    Ya...september5th!
    tonight midnight PT time..........shhhhhh don't tell anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    tonight midnight PT time..........shhhhhh don't tell anyone
    source of the knowledge?
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    source of the knowledge?

I apparently took this as a sarcastic post, and I was wrong so I apologize.
    Last edited by donatom3; 09/04/2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Thought original remark was sarcastic, no harm meant.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    source of the knowledge?
    first time i've ever literally lol'd from reading something online

PS: cnote, i thanked you for that lulz
    Last edited by intro; 09/04/2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: lulz
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Check out the leaked version todqy! (its plugged tho). New it would be sept 4
    Ironic, isn't it? That the leak was leaked before it was leaked??? If i'm following this correctly, the rumors about 9/4 started last month.

Oh well. Whatever it is, I'll believe it when I see it.

Until then...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    The updates include lot of OS improvments like the ones you mentioned but the main things are:
    -video recording
    -cpu scaling (volatage scaling too)
    -change sounds for a lot of things
    -foward test messages
    None of those have been touted as features added by 1.2 anywhere on the web. Not on Sprint's site, not on Palm's site, not in these forums. The leaked 1.2 doesn't include any of those either. Those changes will be coming at some point, to be sure. But not in 1.2.

Which leads me to ask: where on earth are you getting your information? I mean no offense, but that sounds like it came from someone's WebOS 1.2 wish list, not from reality.
    Has anyone seen any current news about when 1.2 comes out. I have seen that some people have gotten their hands on un-official versions, however I have seen nothing concrete.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12