1.    #1  
    I searched and have found no one talking about this particular issue.

My Pre's lowest brightness setting is more blinding than my Treo's highest. I've been told that screen size and brightness are among the greatest factor regarding battery life. Well, we can't shrink the screen, but a software tweak could probably darken it more.

Thoughts?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2.    #2  
    The more I use this phone, the more I think this is a significant contributing factor to its battery life.

Although I still have no clue how some people's phones last them throughout the day despite moderate-to-heavy usage.

Of course, I also stream Pandora and listen to it wirelessly via Bluetooth stereo headphones, so good luck making it past 3 or 4 hours, like that. Luckily, the headphones last well beyond the work day.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I think I remember someone doing a write up of where the code is to lower the lowest setting of the brightness slider. I assume that actually changes the brightness if you edit the lower limit. Be aware that unless you add the patch to separate screen and keyboard brightness lowering the screen brightness further than the current lowest setting the keyboard will probably not light up at all.
    WebOS Quick Install has the option to lower the dimmest setting... and, StoneRyno, you're right, on the new lowest setting, the keys aren't lit up at all.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    WebOS Quick Install has the option to lower the dimmest setting... and, StoneRyno, you're right, on the new lowest setting, the keys aren't lit up at all.
    I'm still waiting for Brightness Unlinked to have a version that actually saves the keyboard and screen setting so we can have a bright keyboard and a dim screen to save battery life and actually type in the dark.

Or maybe it will be on a Web OS quick install patch? hint hint...