Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else have this addiction? Seriously I think I'm going to spend more money on accessories for the Pre rather than for the phone itself! So far I've orders 2 Touchstone docks (one for car and other for home), PDAair case, $5 Innocase-like case from ebay, Smartphone experts ultra slim pocket pouch, Phantomskinz screen protectors, zagg invisishield screen protectors, Seidio 1350 mAh battery, Palm vehicle power charger, extra wall charger....

I think it's a sickness...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Anyone else have this addiction? Seriously I think I'm going to spend more money on accessories for the Pre rather than for the phone itself! So far I've orders 2 Touchstone docks (one for car and other for home), PDAair case, $5 Innocase-like case from ebay, Smartphone experts ultra slim pocket pouch, Phantomskinz screen protectors, zagg invisishield screen protectors, Seidio 1350 mAh battery, Palm vehicle power charger, extra wall charger....

I think it's a sickness...
    Preach it!

I'll be purchasing 2 or 3 more TS's any day now. I've already got a couple for car and home, but I want one for work and my lady finally caught the TS fever so we'll start her out with one and see if she gets the shakes until we get another.

Then there's the chargers n whatnot. At least some of my Treo accessories work with it - stereo Bluetooth headphones, for example.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Yea I'm way over $300 so far. I think I'm done for now though. Now I'm getting ready to spend some money on app's!
    You know, I probably need to email Dan Hesse about this but why doesn't sprint make it so you can spend the rebate checks in the store. I don't know how it would actually work but I know I would have spent all of my $100 at the sprint store. I still haven't even went to the bank to cash it but would definitely have stopped off at the sprint store to pick up some accessories. Anyone else agree???
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    You know, I probably need to email Dan Hesse about this but why doesn't sprint make it so you can spend the rebate checks in the store. I don't know how it would actually work but I know I would have spent all of my $100 at the sprint store. I still haven't even went to the bank to cash it but would definitely have stopped off at the sprint store to pick up some accessories. Anyone else agree???
    Actually this is a good idea but it should be an option, like, you can either get $100 check or get $120 credit for store purchases. That way they still make money on the mark-up and consumers feel like they are getting a bonus rebate. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    You guys are truly supporting the smartphone industry.

Having bought way too many Palm accessories in the past, I "Just Say No" to them anymore. There's nothing more useless than an accessory for a device that you don't use anymore. I have boxes full of them. Some were total crap. There was one called the Palm Velo camera which fit into the SD slot of a Palm V or something. Total junk. All sorts of sled modems. I must have bought three different versions of that collapsable keyboard. Never got much use out of any of them. They were really just novelties to keep me from getting bored. Some of you must have Handspring modules too.
    I had the phone handspring module and the gps module too. Brings back fond memories....
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Actually this is a good idea but it should be an option, like, you can either get $100 check or get $120 credit for store purchases. That way they still make money on the mark-up and consumers feel like they are getting a bonus rebate. What do you guys think?
    I agree. That is what I was intending saying you can spend it there if you want. I really think it would be a smart business decision by sprint.
    I've already bought the touchstone, a case, and the mirror screen protectors. I'm holding off buying thing else because I will need to buy a lot of third party apps to make this phone a decent PIM. Can't wait for docs2go, financial software, desktop sync solution, Ptunes, video recorder, and calendar/task/memo app (i.e. butler).
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I need some type of suction holder for navigation and charging in my car.....
    2 pre chargers, TS, seidio 1350 battery, seidio holster, sprint car charger and screen protector over here.

Well, hopefully it will keep palm in business.
    Buy what i need, nothing that i dont
    I have 1 Travel Charger and take it with me from home to work, it's a travel charger after all, I have a car charger and finally a Palm Leather Side Case. That's it.

Thought about a proclip but i'm not spending $100 for a car mount.
    i am guilty of this too....

what's worse is that i buy nothing but the overpriced Original Palm accessories....
    Nope. I just got me my vaja case, TS Charger and screen protector. I don't see myself needing anything else.
    i bought my palm pre several different outfits.such as hard cases vaja holster.oh and i bought her the steel cage kind of case by tommy.i cant stop TS travel charger.all i want now is a the 1350 battery and extra battery charger
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Well first I had to buy a protective cover, well two (There was a learning curve), then I needed the extended battery. After the bigger battery I needed a case to protect the pre. After that I needed a mount for the car so I could use sprint navigator.

Its quite the slippery slope, and worst of all I'm getting ready to purchase another pre for my girlfriends birthday, its an awful cycle!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    lol the only accessory I use for my phone is called insurance. I figure if I break it bad enough i'll just get a new one, and to my suprise the phone has been quite durable and alwayse seems to fall on its back and keep the face scratch free.
    LOL - I'm in need of an intervention on this, myself... So far: 3 x Touchstones, 2 Chargers, 3 x iGO Tips for my travel system, 1 car charger for my TS mounted in the car, Innocase, 1350 Seidio Battery, 3 x Boxwave Screen protectors, 2 x Micro-USB cables (one for the office and one for my lapop, in addition to the one included), new BT Headset as my Jawbone couldn't stay connected to the Pre, BT module for my home PC because I didn't realize you couldn't "sync" media over BT (idiotic IMHO - Palm are you reading this???), and the saga continues....
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Accessory virgin here. Although there's a lot on my to-buy list.
    Anyone know if anyone makes a pre-specific(non-generic) vent mount for the pre.
    i already checked with arkon and they said 6-8weeks...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    LOL - I'm in need of an intervention on this, myself... So far: 3 x Touchstones, 2 Chargers, 3 x iGO Tips for my travel system, 1 car charger for my TS mounted in the car, Innocase, 1350 Seidio Battery, 3 x Boxwave Screen protectors, 2 x Micro-USB cables (one for the office and one for my lapop, in addition to the one included), new BT Headset as my Jawbone couldn't stay connected to the Pre, BT module for my home PC because I didn't realize you couldn't "sync" media over BT (idiotic IMHO - Palm are you reading this???), and the saga continues....
    Issues. You have them.

Seriously though maybe it's my work/lifestyle but I found a USB cable for charging and data transfer (the one that comes with it) the power cylinder for plugging in the usb cable if you can't find an open port (never happens i'm always around computers) and a car charger that uses the same USB cable is all I need to keep my pre going strong all day. The cases and pouchs and **** like that only add bulk to a lightweight sleek phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast