Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Except my countdown is WAY longer... I'm waiting for the GSM version. I just can't do CDMA, too used to SIM card swapping, and I use my phone in Asia. Can't do it with all that roaming charges.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I agree that a GSM version of the phone would be great, but I can wait.

I've managed to use my BB for 4+ years without a sim card, so a little longer won't kill me. When I head to Europe I just pick up a cheap phone and swap out the sim cards as I need to.

I'm guessing that it will be Rogers if they go GSM here?
    I'm going unlocked. I'll probably buy a parallel imported Euro unit when I'm in Hong Kong coming November.

Or if I'm lucky, Palm MIGHT surprise launch it in Hong Kong and I can just get that, it's illegal to lock phones in Hong Kong so it'll be unlocked. That's what happened with my Centro last year. They started selling GSM Centros before the phone even showed up on Palm's Hong Kong website last year in March.

And I doubt Robbers is even remotely interested in the Pre. When they got the Centro it quietly showed up on the page and it quietly got discontinued. Reason being they priced it in a way that they cleary don't want anyone buying it: 299 with a 3 year contract + 45 minimum monthly plan before taxes
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I expect the pre to get updated maps with the next OS update. The reason is assuming it's not a mockup, the BELL Pre probably has OS 1.2 on it already.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12