Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had some time on my hands and wanted to demo some new software I got off the net to create custom images. So what better than to test out the new quickinstall which includes options to customize your boot theme and create my own theme.

I can not take create for Tux, I found him and cut out the parts of his image I wanted to incorporate into my boot theme. I would give credit to the original artist but could not find info on who the original designer is. If anyone knows so they can get credit!! The rest of the work is mine and complete open for anyone to use.

The boot theme features a wicked tux aiming a gun at you, he then fires a round creating a bullet hole in your screen. Instruction below:

Now, if you know how to root your pre you can do so.. I don't know why as Jason rocks and has developed about the cooled program for modding your pre I can think of. As always the risk is yours to assume...

Step by step:

1) Download and install new version of quickinstall if you do not already have it, click here
    2) Email/download the boot themes I have provided here.
    3) Put your phone into developer mode and hook it up via usb in "just charge mode".
    4) open up quick install and go to tools, then tweeks, then place check box in boot themes radio button.
    5) in dialog box upload png files of my boot themes. Initial boot theme is tuxpalmgun.png. Bright boot theme (second entry) is tuxpalmgunbullet.png.
    6) close out quickinstaller, safely remove your palm, remove from dev mode. For the first few seconds on start up normal palm logo displays and then transitions to the boot theme here. Other boot themes are available from webos-internals.org.

Have fun peeps! Let me know what you think?

Edit: scroll down if you want the bullet hole dail pad, this is the background I use for the dailer now added here for your use if you like. Keeping with the tux/broken glass theme I chose nothing less then a stainglass tux with a lighting effect of greens and blues to brighten the scene. Best of all I see no need to modify background-phone-scroll file that you notice when checking call history. I kind of like the old green and the way it blends.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rbrayton; 08/23/2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Add dailer background
    that's cool!
    looking good
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Fantastic....I may steal (borrow) that for my boot theme....with your permission. Any more time on your hands for dialer theme maybe to match?
  5.    #5  
    Steal/borrow away. I thought about a custom dailer... But not enough creative juice yet on a good/unique look. I'll see tonight
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I thought maybe a mirror look with spidered glass or something on that lines. Just maybe an idea?
    that looks nice...ima put it on my pre to c how sick it looks!! thanks
    i have it and it looks awesome
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Nice work. Maybe you could post it here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1695384
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Sweet!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Nice work. Maybe you could post it here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1695384
    Damn you're good...I was just going to send you a message about your link
    Very Cool
    Rbrayton wuts the software u used for this?
    Hey scott, fancy seeing you here. hahaha
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wketchin View Post
    Hey scott, fancy seeing you here. hahaha
    Good stuff here
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Rbrayton wuts the software u used for this?
    For some of the work I used gimp 2.6. Free version and actually pretty easy to use.
  17.    #17  
    To stick with the theme of broken glass, etc I added a few bullet hols to the stock dailpad. Here you go.. I think I prefer it this way as I can change out the background whenever I feel like it and stick kep the same overall feeling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Very cool, job well done! I going to start putting them on soon for a new theme!! Thank you!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbrayton View Post
    To stick with the theme of broken glass, etc I added a few bullet hols to the stock dailpad. Here you go.. I think I prefer it this way as I can change out the background whenever I feel like it and stick kep the same overall feeling.
    How would one go about applying this theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbrayton View Post
    Ya, can they be added using the QuickInstall method??? Can you post the file addy??? TY m8.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast