Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    This is my second Palm Pre, and this one today just broke. The same thing that happened to my first one, the main ear piece that you hear your phone calls stopd working. This phone is brand new, and still has the plastic on the screen never been dropped or anything.
  2. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Poppy View Post
    This is my second Palm Pre, and this one today just broke. The same thing that happened to my first one, the main ear piece that you hear your phone calls stopd working. This phone is brand new, and still has the plastic on the screen never been dropped or anything.
    And I don't suppose you searched or even looked through the forum to find the earphone connector (plug it in and unplug it) to see if the speaker would start working again?

    But thanks for another thread.
  3. #3  
    open up pandora, let the music play and unplug the headset halfway into the song
  4. Ditdah's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #4  
    Not saying this is the issue, but my sister's Pre speaker (not the speakerphone - the main part where you listen to the calls - the silver bar at the top) stopped working day 6 and she had not used headphones AT ALL in it. Because I had read this forum so much I tried all the headphone jack tricks, and nothing fixed it. She had to exchange the phone.

    The OP could have the headset issue, but there's a chance it's not.
  5. #5  
    You should take it back. It's a smartphone...
  6. Beechnut's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    And I don't suppose you searched or even looked through the forum to find the earphone connector (plug it in and unplug it) to see if the speaker would start working again?

    But thanks for another thread.
    Or how about this: Instead of searching for backdoor fixes to a $200 phone, you just EXPECT THE DAMN THING TO WORK ON ITS OWN!
  7. cell128's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    open up pandora, let the music play and unplug the headset halfway into the song
    I was on my forth palm pre... gave up on it so I got the best iphone on the market (the 32 gb 3gs), after six days I just felt that the iphone wasnt for me, so I went back to the pre and now I kind of regret giving up the iphone (it worked perfectly). my screen has discolration again and im losing faith in palm... Im thinking about going back to my htc diamond with mighty rom 6 on it..whats going on here? I know we have a product with lots of potential but the sdk and the quality of the phone just dont cut it for todays technology
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
    ..whats going on here?
    That's a really, really, good question. If any of what you said is true, seems like you really don't know what you want.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You should take it back. It's a smartphone...
    LOL! Yeah the Pre is definitely not for everyone.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  10. #10  
    ...
  11. cell128's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    That's a really, really, good question. If any of what you said is true, seems like you really don't know what you want.
    exactly.... I love my pre but expect something a little different...weird huh? maybe i should try android (winmo + macos mixed....nevermind).... ill just give my pre a few more months for improvement before i either go back to winmo or go back to iphone
  12. nitussi's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #12  
    Soon as the touch pro 2 drops, I am jumping ship .. I can't stand having to charge the battery on my pre 3 times a day, every single day. The phone is barely used and I can literally watch the battery meter go down. Its always searching for signal and it gets hot enough to numb my hand. This is enough for me and I'm tired too.
  13. #13  
    I love my Pre and I'm not giving it up, but I'm not thrilled about how hot this phone gets. Mostly when I'm using Pandora -- why is that?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    And I don't suppose you searched or even looked through the forum to find the earphone connector (plug it in and unplug it) to see if the speaker would start working again?

    But thanks for another thread.
    Instead of trying to get smart why dont you actually try to fix the problem instead of wasting a post.
  15.    #15  
    PS the methods tht i found when searching didnt work!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    LOL! Yeah the Pre is definitely not for everyone.
    No doubt. It takes a special person to spend hard-earned money on a "smart"phone with so many undocumented features like the intermittent-earpiece-yank-out-the-headset-in-mid-song-to-fix-it capability. Definitely not novice stuff.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    No doubt. It takes a special person to spend hard-earned money on a "smart"phone with so many undocumented features like the intermittent-earpiece-yank-out-the-headset-in-mid-song-to-fix-it capability. Definitely not novice stuff.
    Welcome to the world of smartphones. Point to one and I can find a list of glitches. BTW, the beloved Iphone had (and probably still has) the same issue (with the same workaround) on some units. Doing a simple search first is forums 101.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Welcome to the world of smartphones. Point to one and I can find a list of glitches. BTW, the beloved Iphone had (and probably still has) the same issue (with the same workaround) on some units. Doing a simple search first is forums 101.
    What would this site do without you? Man so glad ur here to keep all these posters in line, go get em!! Don't allow them to post such negativity about our beloved pre.....get a life son
  19. #19  
    Ahhh! So many tolls on BOTH sides of the issues. Welcome to the underside of the bridge fellers.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    What would this site do without you? Man so glad ur here to keep all these posters in line, go get em!! Don't allow them to post such negativity about our beloved pre.....get a life son
    Or how about we use these forums everyday and get tired of the same useless help me so I don't have to help myself posts. Search first post second.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions