Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    The good: New apps are finally coming in.
    The bad: Personally crappy apps,
    I agree. Surely there have been some killer apps submitted by now. I'd like to see a launcher replacement with tabs (similar to the old Palm OS launchers.)

Also a decent today screen and a modified browser with a home page of your choice. I don't care for the current bookmark icon setup, seems a great waste of space. I'd like it to default to the bookmark list, one on top of each other.

I know...have patience, I'm sure we'll see these at some point.
    The Mileage Monitor is a joke of a app. There is no way to import data, export data or backup data. Anyone who wastes their time inputting data into an incomplete app like that needs to have their head examined because the first time they have to exchange devices or hard reset all the data will be lost forever.

I recommend using Fuelly.com mobile instead. All your data will always be backed up to the cloud.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    the espn one is fun
    awsome
  5. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I've patiently waited for a facebook app but this is turning into a joke. I don't know whether it's facebook or palm's fault but you'd think that an app listed as "available for launch or shortly after" in a Sprint doc leaked before the pre was released would be available by now.

And for anyone thinking about giving me the "why do you need a facebook app?" argument, just save your fingers the effort. It's ridiculous that I have the choice of either not being able to do something as simple as respond to a status or having to pinch/double tap my screen and scroll after every load to read text.

And yes I have tried the homebrew app and no I don't like browsing facebook in a program that looks slightly better than if it were rendered in wordpad (No offense meant to the developer, I give you major credit for making something that should've been released on launch day).
    Well...that's terrible. I hope that gets fixed real soon. What good is having memory when you can't use the available space.

Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    There's a limit of apps you can install in the Pre right now.... Don't know if Palm will change that in a future update but as of now you can only install a limited amount of both Brew and Official apps on ur Pre. Sucks I know.....
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Everytime I use a word in wordace, I get a fail! That is not a word message. What am I doing wrong?
    Cool but I'm not that excited. I rather have updates to improve the OS and an update for google maps to support latitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    Everytime I use a word in wordace, I get a fail! That is not a word message. What am I doing wrong?
    Are you online, or in practice mode?

Also, are you using the "Use This Word" button to lock in your word?

It appears that on some devices, there's something that's causing practice mode to get screwy. However, online, as long as you "Use This Word" things should work properly.

We're looking into the problem now, but from the looks of it, it's something quite bizarre, and not your usual bug...

Thanks. Any detailed information you can provide would help us get to the bottom of this faster!

seppo
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    It's nice to know Palm is focusing on apps that have the widest appeal.
    Hi seppo, thanks for taking feedback.
    I'm also getting the "not a word" message every time I play, both in practice mode and online. I am hitting the "Use This Word" button, and the word appears nrxt to my chip count like it should. In practice mode, all the bots get "not a word" too. Online, I see other players whose words don't fail, so it's a hit-and-miss bug as far as who gets it.

FWIW, when I downloaded the app, the app catalog's "Download" button didn't say "Tap to launch" when it was done like it normally does. Instead, it said "Update available" as if I already had Word Ace installed. I figured it got confused because I had swiched to another app while it was downloading, so I downloaded it again, and it said "Update available" again when it was done. I don't know if that's an app catalog bug or a deployment bug, but it's the first time I've seen it.

Edit: Ignore the part about online play not working. Sorry, I guess "minxy" really isn't a word! It turns out real words do work as they should.
    Now I'm hooked on this game!
    Last edited by zelmo; 08/21/2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Fix an inaccuracy
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Do you have any idea why my filecoaster can't find any apps. It was working yesterday, but it's just searching all day. I dont know if it's updating or it's just my app. Anyone having the same problem now?
    There's a bug in Webos when there are too many wireless connections and it times out. Try reseting you pre (orange button + symb + r) and that should fix it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Hi seppo, thanks for taking feedback.
    I'm also getting the "not a word" message every time I play, both in practice mode and online. I am hitting the "Use This Word" button, and the word appears nrxt to my chip count like it should. In practice mode, all the bots get "not a word" too. Online, I see other players whose words don't fail, so it's a hit-and-miss bug as far as who gets it.

FWIW, when I downloaded the app, the app catalog's "Download" button didn't say "Tap to launch" when it was done like it normally does. Instead, it said "Update available" as if I already had Word Ace installed. I figured it got confused because I had swiched to another app while it was downloading, so I downloaded it again, and it said "Update available" again when it was done. I don't know if that's an app catalog bug or a deployment bug, but it's the first time I've seen it.
    Thanks for the super-specific feedback. That'll actually be really helpful in trying to track this down. We'll be trying to get this licked ASAP, but your patience and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, and hope to get you online and running soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!!!

seppo
    One game I missed from my sprint touch was the bubble game....I am excited to have it back on the Pre...and it's a better version to boot!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    as a hold em nutt, i am really liking word ace
    slick interface-tons of information at your fingertips w/o being intrusive, and it's very fun

once more people get the hang of it things are gonna be on and popping
    The Mileage Monitor is a joke of a app. There is no way to import data, export data or backup data.
    I wouldn't say it's a joke of an app. It's usable. (It also states that it's version 0.9.0) But, I do agree that it would be nice to import/export data. As such, I posted a message in their Suggestions forum. Hopefully, it's something they'll provide in a future update since I've been waiting for such an app.
    yeaaaaa
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    "shyitttttttts weak!"
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    yay more restaurant app!

Is Palm trying to make us FAT??
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Apps were not worth waiting for..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast