1.    #1  
    I had arthroscopic knee surgery the other day and after coming out of surgery I was using my Palm Pre while in the recovery room. One of the nurses saw it and made a comment on how cool my phone was. She quickly began telling all of the other nurses about it and before I knew it I had about 5 nurses all huddled around my hospital bed checking out the Pre. The one that originally saw it kept saying how cool it was and how it was much better than the iPhone.

Sure I liked the attention, but I was happier to see the attention my Pre got. I want this device to do well, so it's always good to see it receive that sort of reaction from people. And even better yet when they say it's superior to the iPhone.

Hopefully Palm can create even more buzz about this phone. If they get webOS phones onto multiple carriers soon, and before the iPhone ends its exclusivity with AT&T, then they really can give the iPhone a run for its money. The Blackberry is on all carriers and is enjoying immense success. While Blackberries are nice, the Pre has much more mass appeal like the iPhone. And if Palm continues down the path of tailoring the Pre for business use, it can be a great alternative to the business oriented Blackberry and best the iPhone in an area that it never took seriously. I really can see the Pre becoming the best of both worlds. It's what a Blackberry and an iPhone would have as a kid
    Pics or fail.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Pics or fail.
    Haha...fail what? I can show you pictures of the surgery if you'd like.
    The as-of-yet untapped Nurse market. This is huge. Like unto Soccer Moms, Nascar Dads, Trekkies, and Subway Jared. Forget phsyco Flow Chick; get some nurses.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    Haha...fail what? I can show you pictures of the surgery if you'd like.
    I think prochobo wants to see pics of the nurses.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Mmmmm... Nurses. Yum...
    I want nurses and docs to get interested so Epocrates comes to Pre in WebOS for. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $am$ $the$ $only$ $med$ $student$ $at$ $my$ $school$ $with$ $one$. $Although$, $I$ $have$ $been$ $fielding$ $some$ $questions$ $about$ $it$ $lately$.
    I'ts funny but very true. I also work in a hospital and the PRE really gets some looks from the RN's. Now if it was as good as a dog or my daughter......
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I want nurses and docs to get interested so Epocrates comes to Pre in WebOS for. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $am$ $the$ $only$ $med$ $student$ $at$ $my$ $school$ $with$ $one$. $Although$, $I$ $have$ $been$ $fielding$ $some$ $questions$ $about$ $it$ $lately$.
    I agree. A slick implementation of epocrates for the Pre would be excellent marketing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I think prochobo wants to see pics of the nurses.
    Is this what he had in mind?? LOL

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    If there is any reason why all doctors need to get a Palm Pre, this it it.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Failed thread.
    Two questions:

#1: How is your knee?

#2: They let you use your phone in the recovery room? I can't even use mine in the waiting room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Is this what he had in mind?? LOL

More like:

Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    Failed thread.
    lighten up!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Mind filled with head nurse jokes. Must resist temptation to post. Have....to...behave....