1.    #1  
    My family now owns 4 Pre's and 1 Blackberry (youngest son wanted the same phone his friend had, silly kid) and we are loving the pre.

My question has to do with the initial billing from Sprint. There was a billing for the activity for the month and then a full billing for another month. In essence a double bill. A Sprint rep informed me that since this was a "data" plan, they collected a month upfront.

Is this normal procedure for Sprint and if so, would I not owe anything on my final monthly bill (assuming I was leaving Sprint after my 2 years and was not over on my minutes)?
    yes, and as long as you cancel on the last day of your billing cycle. Sprint does NOT prorate that last months fees.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's really bizarre. I had to pay $116 up front for my first bill, which came only 10 days after getting the phone. My monthly balance is like $60 after tax. Sigh.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Good lord, why all these non Pre threads?

Sprint already explained it, and it's pretty SOP. And Sprint has a forum.
    its called proration. here is what im guessing what happen hopefully i get it right.

you go upgrade your pre and the plan u had probably did not have the everything data. so what you did is change your plan to everything data in order to get your pre. what happen on sprint end is they charged you for x amount of days for your old plan on and x amount of day with the new plan wit everything data. the x amount depends on your billing cycle and when you changed your plan. this is a one time charge and next month you will see a normal bill.
    Every phone company bills one month in advance. I think it is in poor taste to charge for services that haven't been rendered. However, I have been on the receiving end of a check from Verizon when I switched to Sprint. They gave my prorated billed charges back to me. Sprint does the same thing. So I guess there are no real issues here.

Good lord, why all these non Pre threads?

Sprint already explained it, and it's pretty SOP. And Sprint has a forum.
    I agree about going to the source to get carrier questions answered.