Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    A lot of the issues have been fixed but now you don't see ppl bday in your calendar and don't get reminded about them and there is still no recurring task feature witch i loved about on my 755p
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sounds like half of your problems would be solved by switching your email from the totally inferior POP to IMAP.
    Who uses POP3 these days. I've been using IMAP ever since I've been checking e-mail on multiple devices. I wouldn't trust my phone to be my only e-mail device.

But to the OP, I do miss quick text.
    So every new phone should have EVERY feature of any phone ever created before it. Mental note taken.
    sounds like a bunch of self important prprpr---- $to$ $me$
    So every new phone should have EVERY feature of any phone ever created before it.
    Personally I don't think that would be a very good idea. But phones ought to evolve incrementally by ditching those features from earlier models that didn't work and keeping those that did. Isn't this how most successful technology evolves? A new version of Word which had voice recognition and in-built OCR functions but couldn't justify text or check your spelling would be laughed out of the software shop. A new toaster that could slice the bread diagonally and apply butter but didn't have any adjustable timer to stop the toast burning would not sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigglesworth View Post
    Personally I don't think that would be a very good idea. But phones ought to evolve incrementally by ditching those features from earlier models that didn't work and keeping those that did. Isn't this how most successful technology evolves? A new version of Word which had voice recognition and in-built OCR functions but couldn't justify text or check your spelling would be laughed out of the software shop. A new toaster that could slice the bread diagonally and apply butter but didn't have any adjustable timer to stop the toast burning would not sell.
    I was being sarcastic in my previous comment.

OP needs to realize that it's unreasonable to look at old vs new in an apples-to-apples comparison. Of course, new products should have core functionality (and no, I do not consider video recording a core functionality), but we should not be expecting Nintendo to allow us to play NES cartridges on a Wii, for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTMI1 View Post
    The Pre is great. But if they don't fix the stupid alerts going off while ON a phone call. It may be a deal breaker.I waited a long time for the Pre to come out. Which also means Palm had a long time to fix these problems spoken of here. Palm has a following of people that have specific needs. Many of the Palm users are business oriented. They should have consulted with them as they developed the Pre. Imho
    I do love that there are so many new apps on the homebrew arena. Way to go and thumbs up to all the "developers".
    they are shaking in their shoes... dont let the door hit ya
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123