Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Is it just me, or do others get this issue:

You have a calendar entry with a reminder (coming from Exchange). 15 minutes before you get a reminder, and you hit 'dismiss.' 15 minutes later, you get the reminder again. You hit 'dismiss.' 15 minutes later, DURING the meeting, you get it again... 'Dismiss.'

What exactly does the dismiss button do? Isn't it supposed to stop calendar reminders?
    I am having the same issue - usually will stop after 3rd time. Not sure of why this is happening either. Help would be appreciated
    Is it only that particular reminder or is it all your reminders? I don't have that issue with my Outlook reminders.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I've never seen that.

Here is a theory: Is is possible that the Exchange server isn't getting the dismissal status update from the Pre and is re-sending the meeting/appointment status (as "pending dismissal") thus re-triggering the alarm? Then, after whatever sync time limit is reached, the dismissal is finally accepted by the Exchange server and it stops?

Question: Do you sync Exchange "As items arrive" or at an interval (every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.)?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I'll squash the Exchange thing right now, as I don't use it, and still have the same issue as the OP. Just today, I got four reminders for my daughter's gymnastics class. Aside from the number of notices, it was also annoying because I've set reminders to 1 day before (which I did also get 2 of yesterday!)
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I'll squash the Exchange thing right now, as I don't use it, and still have the same issue as the OP. Just today, I got four reminders for my daughter's gymnastics class. Aside from the number of notices, it was also annoying because I've set reminders to 1 day before (which I did also get 2 of yesterday!)
    Well, it was just a theory. Do you sync with the cloud at all?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    I was having the same issue, but it has magically stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Well, it was just a theory. Do you sync with the cloud at all?
    Oh, I know! I just wanted the OP to know he wasn't alone, and it wasn't solely an Exchange issue.

And yes, all I do is Google and Yahoo synergy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Oh, I know! I just wanted the OP to know he wasn't alone, and it wasn't solely an Exchange issue.

And yes, all I do is Google and Yahoo synergy.
    Okay. Well, I sync Exchange, Google, Facebook, a work-related IMAP account, and two Yahoo IMAP e-mail accounts (although there is no synergy action with Yahoo--to my knowledge--Correct me if I'm wrong).

In all, I sync six different e-mail accounts and have 14 various on-line and application-related synergy calendars and have never had a problem. I'm as curious as all of you as to what could be going wrong. I can't reproduce the problem myself, but I'm sure if we get more anecdotal evidence we'll uncover a pattern that might lead to a solution for you and the OP.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I was having the same issue, but it has magically stopped.
    How long did it do it? When did it stop? Did anything change in your usage pattern, accounts that you sync with, applications you have/had installed, etc.?

Try to recall as much as you can, even if you don't think it would matter. It could be something very small that is a common factor between you and others that are having this problem.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I have always had this problem.

I even posted about it - with no responses.

I sync through EAS and the dismiss button seems to be treated as a snooze button because after I hit it at the bottom of the screen it will say "snoozed for 5 minutes."

Now, If I open the calendar and "dismiss all" reminders it goes away.

Do people still have this problem or has anyone found a solution?
    I also have the problem. Calendar entry from google calendar. I hit dismiss and will still get a reminder, typically, 20 minutes after the appt starts.
    I have the same problem....i synch to my google calendar which is synched to my work outlook calendar. It's annoying but not consistent. Perhaps tied to me diss.issing on my computer as well?
    I used to have this calendar shared via google so my main calendar would pick it up but not anymore. I thought the overlap would have been the problem but I am not sure what is causing the snafu.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    This is listed as a fixed issue in an earlier webOS update. Something like 1.3.1.1 or such. Can't remember exactly, but the list of updates and issues addressed was from PreCentral. Seems like 1.4 re-broke this fix.
    Last edited by GHT; 04/08/2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling