1.    #1  
    So, the President invited a bunch of those Nascar guys to the white house for a presidential thingy and it was being carried in ESPN.

I'm waiting to pick up a pizza for my boys when this one driver is being interviewed by the some ESPN guy about how it felt to meet Mr. Obama and he says "I almost pulled out my Palm Pre (and he pulls it out and holds it in his right hand showing how he would have photographed the president) and took a picture of the back of the President's head, but I didn't" - or something like that.

In the background was the White House - VERY COOL.

Anybody else see it?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Anybody else see it?
    I think you may be the only person watching NASCAR drivers at the White House.
    Very cool story?
  4.    #4  
    I know, I'm not much of a fan of watching cars go 'round and 'round but I thought it was interesting to see a pro driver pull a Pre from his pocket, say "Palm Pre bla bla" and have a laugh.

I thought this site was devoted to people that love the Pre or hate it.

I love the Pre and find it interesting when I see it in the main stream. Gives me hope Palm might make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    ESPN has a way of throwing in random sports stories in the middle of an otherwise interesting SportsCenter... Nothing like catching NFL updates and then seeing some Grandma that won bingo broke an ankle while doing a dance and then bringing it together because it looked like Deon Sanders circa 1996...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Now that is how a professional keeps his Sponsors happy. Did he later talk about being so thirsty from being so nervous that he needed some Mountain Dew?

I agree it is cool. It is a good way to get it out there. But I don't think this "just happened" at all. That was more of a mission accomplished. Anyone else would ahve jsut said I almost pulled out my cell phone to snap a picture of the President.

Spint Cup in NASCAR huh? OK.

Dave
    The millions of NASCAR fans disagree.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Rhody,

They know you are from Dallas so it will be pretty easy to figure out which of the handfull of you this is.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/20/2009 at 06:09 PM.