1.    #1  
    So finally made the switch and I'm not looking back. I had the storm since feb and the only thing I enjoyed about the phone was loading new os to it. Browsing sucked it was laggy, and just seemed like a phone that should have never made it past internal testing. Now I have a phone that's solid out of the box and will only get better. The browser is great media player isn't bad email to me is better, seeing that it renders full html emails correct. I now have flick scrowling multi touch and an os that was designed around touch input, not some half @$$ atempt. And last thing the phone lookes good and doesn't feel like I'm caring a brick around in my pocket. If this is the first gen I can't wait for the second.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebizz View Post
    So finally made the switch and I'm not looking back. I had the storm since feb and the only thing I enjoyed about the phone was loading new os to it. Browsing sucked it was laggy, and just seemed like a phone that should have never made it past internal testing. Now I have a phone that's solid out of the box and will only get better. The browser is great media player isn't bad email to me is better, seeing that it renders full html emails correct. I now have flick scrowling multi touch and an os that was designed around touch input, not some half @$$ atempt. And last thing the phone lookes good and doesn't feel like I'm caring a brick around in my pocket. If this is the first gen I can't wait for the second.
    I'm right there with you. I bought the Storm on November 21st. It was a POS from day one. The Pre on the other hand ran just about perfect right out of the box. Plus I'm saving $40 a month by switching to Sprint It's a win win all around. Ltr
    I'm so glad you guys are putting this stuff up cause I keep debating but I think I'm finally gonna go for it and try to get out of my Vzw contract to go over to Sprint and pick up a Pre. Ill be saving almost 100 bucks for two lines. I have a storm now and have been very disappointed by RIM and Vzw both and I've always used BB. They're just lagging too far behind it seems.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit247 View Post
    I'm so glad you guys are putting this stuff up cause I keep debating but I think I'm finally gonna go for it and try to get out of my Vzw contract to go over to Sprint and pick up a Pre. Ill be saving almost 100 bucks for two lines. I have a storm now and have been very disappointed by RIM and Vzw both and I've always used BB. They're just lagging too far behind it seems.
    With VZW I had the storm and my wife had the env1, and we were paying alot of money. Now with sprint I have the Pre and my wife has the Curve. Two data phones and we are still saving at least $40/month!
    Bought the storm Dec 15th last year. Got fet up with it and went to sprint 3 weeks ago. Sure VZW has better coverage than sprint, saving about $100 or so a month on my everything fam plan is well worth an occasional dropped call. I was skeptical about going to Palm at first since I was an avid BB user but no regrets with this. The Pre has some bugs to iron out, but so did the Iphone. The storm had bugs in it, so they gave up and created Storm 2 a year later giving up on the first storm owners....to hell with BB
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abejenaru73 View Post
    Bought the storm Dec 15th last year. Got fet up with it and went to sprint 3 weeks ago. Sure VZW has better coverage than sprint, saving about $100 or so a month on my everything fam plan is well worth an occasional dropped call. I was skeptical about going to Palm at first since I was an avid BB user but no regrets with this. The Pre has some bugs to iron out, but so did the Iphone. The storm had bugs in it, so they gave up and created Storm 2 a year later giving up on the first storm owners....to hell with BB
    The good thing about Sprint is that you can roam for free on the VZW network. As long as you have the everything plan.
    We have to use BB at my work, and when the storm came out I called dibs on getting the first one. I used it for 3.5 minutes and never looked at it again. It is by far the worst touch screen interface I've ever used. Unresponsive, inaccurate and SLOW. BB better get to steppin' or else they will lose that hefty lead. If we had Exchange here, I would seriously be pushing the Pre over BB, alas we have lotus notes
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    We have to use BB at my work, and when the storm came out I called dibs on getting the first one. I used it for 3.5 minutes and never looked at it again. It is by far the worst touch screen interface I've ever used. Unresponsive, inaccurate and SLOW. BB better get to steppin' or else they will lose that hefty lead. If we had Exchange here, I would seriously be pushing the Pre over BB, alas we have lotus notes
    I know what you mean. I blame a friend of mine at work for this though because back last July he convinced me to get an Iphone 3g and I did. I rarely used my browser on my 8100 at all before that. I got spoiled but missed my multi tasking and customization options and various other things. Oh, and being able to make calls as I was with T-Mobile. To me it seems like the Pre is the sweet spot between the Iphone and the BB so I'm hoping that it will continue to be. I don't think BB will ever lose it's hold on the business sector but they do need to seriously overhaul their OS.
    Yeah coming from a storm also. Was fed up with the other bb's getting updates and the pos storm being pushed aside for the storm 2. Plus I also save $40 a month on sprint over verizon. Win win and a no brainer for me.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit247 View Post
    I know what you mean. I blame a friend of mine at work for this though because back last July he convinced me to get an Iphone 3g and I did. I rarely used my browser on my 8100 at all before that. I got spoiled but missed my multi tasking and customization options and various other things. Oh, and being able to make calls as I was with T-Mobile. To me it seems like the Pre is the sweet spot between the Iphone and the BB so I'm hoping that it will continue to be. I don't think BB will ever lose it's hold on the business sector but they do need to seriously overhaul their OS.
    I agree....the BB OS definitely needs to be cleaned up!
  11.    #11  
    Yes it does the storm lookes and feels like a bb but the problem is its not good as a touch screen device I hated using it. And I really made a bad mistake buying it in germany unlocked. My money would have been spent so much better elseware. But I guess haveing a bad phone makes you really appreciate a phone like this one
  12.    #12  
    No the storm got plenty of upgrades but most of them were leaked. And trying to find the difference between them was like watching grass grow painful
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebizz View Post
    No the storm got plenty of upgrades but most of them were leaked. And trying to find the difference between them was like watching grass grow painful
    Along with that is the upgrades fixed one or two things and broke a thousand other things. Friggn' stupid OS.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    At least with WebOS it works. They upgrade something and it works. Imagine that.
  15.    #15  
    Yeah crazy huh