Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I've used filecoaster successfully for the last week or so to download apps from the homebrew section. Tonight, however, every time I try to d/l an app which is new to my phone, or an update to an app that I have, I get an "install error" after tapping the download button.

This is the first night I've had this happen. Anyone else getting this? I also get the "install error" when I try to copy/paste url.

Sorry for posting here, but there is really no place to post this sort of stuff in the homebrew section.

***It's still happening. I noticed when I open filecoaster I get the following message as it's loading the apps: Error parsing app Mine Searcher...
    Last edited by coachdvc; 08/19/2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Out of memory, Delete the app u use the least.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    Out of memory, Delete the app u use the least.
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I thought the same thing, but my "device information" states I have 5.6GB available. Shouldn't that be enough?

****I guess not bc I deleted a few apps and the others loaded. So now that this problem is fixed, can you please explain why with 5.6GB still available, I'm running out of "memory" as you stated? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I thought the same thing, but my "device information" states I have 5.6GB available. Shouldn't that be enough?

****I guess not bc I deleted a few apps and the others loaded. So now that this problem is fixed, can you please explain why with 5.6GB still available, I'm running out of "memory" as you stated? Thanks!
    That doesn't have anything to do with app storage (believe it or not). Just USB file storage from what I understand.
    Do a search for this issue as I believe it has been discussed at length around here.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech View Post
    Do a search for this issue as I believe it has been discussed at length around here.
    I'm sorry...I did a search. But I didn't know what to search for at first. Anyway, doing a search is not as easy as you think. There's thousands of "install" and "errors" in the search.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    For example here: http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?t=194024

Or in much more detail here: http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?t=198705

Edit: I really hate the obtuse way you have to link other threads on this forum. Or maybe I just hate how carefully hidden the instructions are.
    Last edited by jdale; 08/19/2009 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    I'm sorry...I did a search. But I didn't know what to search for at first. Anyway, doing a search is not as easy as you think. There's thousands of "install" and "errors" in the search.
    I probably could have phrased my reply better...didn't mean to sound like a smartass.