Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sugaman View Post
    I believe he said hiding other apps! not just texts and photos! you read buddy!!
    yeah not contacts ha ha ha ha duh or their numbers lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    buddy lol yeah right
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #43  
    i mean all apps to not just photos and txts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    buddy lol yeah right
    it's all good!!! We are all here for the same reasons. To get are Pre"s up to our expectations, whatever the app. is or used for.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have come up with another idea of how this type of app could work. It would be nice to have a password protected LAUNCHER page. That way I can drag any apps I want to the protected page and then close it. That way, if somebody is playing with my Pre, the Doc View, Videos, Photos, and Memo apps (or whatever I want to put in there) are not even visible! If I want to access them, I tap the icon for the protected launcher page, input my password, and then the page opens, giving me access to the icons for those apps.

The only problem with this idea is that the apps on the "protected" launcher page would still be accessible through the universal search..... There would have to be a way to "protect" apps from being found by the universal search as well... And if you wanted to hide the Photo app icon on the protected launcher page, you would have to hide the camera icon as well, or else you could still access the photo app from within the camera app :-(
    Last edited by Maximo_; 10/06/2009 at 08:19 AM.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah not contacts ha ha ha ha duh or their numbers lol
    Wow, hey bro, I don't give a rats ***** what you think about it, I may want to safeguard pics of your sister for all you know. Bottom line it is a legitimate app request and there seems to be others who are interested in it as well. If you want to be judgemental or assume that we are of weak moral stock because we want to lock parts of our phone, well that assessment says more about the profiler than the perp.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Don't worry about it ret - he's just a troll - don't sweat it...
    Last edited by Maximo_; 10/15/2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I can remember having my palm centro and having "AppLock" on it, loved it, password protect anything on your phone, maybe Pre will eventually get this!
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    or you crazy people cyber cheating on your significant others lol
    Or crazy spouses having fun sending stuff to each other.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Well I guess this has been figured out already, but if you want a quick and dirty solution, you can use the homebrew app "Internalz". Just use Internalz to rename the picture folder that you want to hide. Place a "." in front of the name. So if you have a picture folder called "private", rename it to be ".private" and then the photo app will not be able to find the pictures in that folder. Internalz is the only way to do this without command line prompts, because if you plug your Pre into your computer through USB, Windows will not let you rename a folder with a period in front.

You can keep the "." there and view the photos at any time through Internalz, but you can't swipe to the next picture or change the photo orientation this way. If you want all the bells and whistles of the stock photo app, just open Internalz, remove the "." and then launch the photo app and view your private photos. You can keep Internalz open while you do it, and when you're done, just swipe back over to Internalz and put the period back.

This works equally well with documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF) and videos. In fact I like the functionality of viewing videos directly through Internalz, as it will loop the videos by default, which the stock video app is unable to do.

Now you can let your coworkers play with your Pre without worrying about them finding sensitive pictures of your spouse or the payroll spreadsheet you keep on your phone! :-)
    This would be nice, my cousin was showing me his hidden area of his iphone....and would be a very cool idea on the pre! This way i could save those great bar memorys to laugh about later with my buddies without gettin in trouble with the wife..ha
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty5low View Post
    I can remember having my palm centro and having "AppLock" on it, loved it, password protect anything on your phone, maybe Pre will eventually get this!
    wow i remember applock when i had my cetro....goodtimes
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    I am currently working through some ideas for such a program. I'm thinking of locking entire directories with some kind of encryption (PGP) that requires a key to unlock.
    I'd buy it as well.

I'd also buy an app that would hide my bookmarks as I have bookmarks I dont want my nosy friends to see.
    Also when theyre clicked Im already signed in to said sights.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty5low View Post
    Yeah I'm kinda disappointed that Palm's latest and greatest doesn't have all the functionality of my previous Palm devices. That said I really do like this phone.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Centro had quite a few things I expected to be on this phone when I "upgraded". That said, I need this photo lock functionality.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    this would be great. anyone planning on developing it could get ideas from the palmOS app, "applock". i also had this app on my centro.
    pretty much i agree with evereone! from the emails to the work pics to the sexting, whatever you may need it for is your thing but as a whole this would be a very useful app!!! =) ill be keepinb tabs on this one!
    lot of interest, no activity...
    wish I were smarter...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast