Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    One thing I loved about my treo750p, treo 700p, & treo 650p is that it was like a rock. I dropped it several times and nothing ever came of it.

This morning I went to dismiss my alarm and in my groggy half awake state accidentally knock my pre off my night stand (3 feet above the ground). I picked it up, hit dismiss and jumped into the shower. I came back to my room and my alarm was going off again! I picked up my pre only to see a crack, like a huge spiderweb, across the screen.!.! The screen is now unresponsive and my 3 week old Pre is dead!

I'm so disappointed. I called sprint insurance and paid the $100 deduct only to find out my order is delayed 3-5 business days because of back orders at their warehouse. ughh, i guess it could worse at least I have my treo to rely on for now. (And i'll drop it as many times as I want...lol)
    Bummer. I've dropped mine a couple times and nothing happened to it. Of course, it was on carpet...
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Sorry for your loss. How long have you had it?

Also, call Palm and see about a warrenty exchange and save $100. Your phone was likely primed for the stress fractures and the drop only made the defect show up earlier rather than later.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  4.    #4  
    Spoke with a representative and they told me it would not be covered because it was dropped and to check the warranty exclusions. Unfortunately, my only viable option was insurance. This is what I found when i check the exclusions:

EXCLUSIONS: This warranty does not apply (1) to damage to the
    surface of the product, including cracks or scratches on the LCD
    touchscreen or outside casing; (2) to damage caused by misuse,
    neglect, improper installation, storage or testing, unauthorized
    attempts to open, repair, or modify the product, or any other cause
    beyond the range of the intended use;
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Sorry for your loss. How long have you had it?
    Hint from first post:
    The screen is now unresponsive and my 3 week old Pre is dead!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    650 for sure is solid. My 5 and 2 year olds plays with it and it still works. They lost the stylist but survived multiple drops on a hard surface. My Centro's keyboard light just went out, pushing me closer to get a Pre. But this story is scary for me.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    The other day I ended up dropping it on the side of the freeway, screen first with no case on, in a hurry to get out of my car that had a smoking engine. When I finally got back to the phone, to my surprise there was not one scratch on it... And to think that I had never even put it in my pockets before without the little sleeve...

Luck?
    Clack not to be a smarta s s (I can't help it, it's the Jersey in me) , but why did you THANK his post about his misery?!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    it really all depends how it falls.

I've seen flip phones split in half from wall....but i've also seen unharmed phones from a fall.

Both my buddies dropped their pre...one only had a scuff on the top of the phone, the other a slight chip.
  10.    #10  
    i wish I woulda dropped mine face first, it fell on the side and thats where the crack webs out from. Its kinda weird, I'm gunna post some pics of it... Well I tried to but my post count is not 10. Im gunna go reply to some posts then try again
  11.    #11  

ouch, that does not look good. Can you advise whether sprint is able to allow you to replace at a lower cost than if purchasing a new one?
    If you have insurance, which the op did, you pay $100 deductible for a new or refurbished phone. If you don't have insurance, you don't have any good options -- full price as far as I know.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Bummer. I have dropped mine 3 times--all w/the Palm soft case on it--& it has come out no worse for the wear, knockk on wood. I also have a protective coating across the screen. Hope it works out for you.

Cheers
    Am I just a fogey or have people lost their reading skills?

Maybe both?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Ouch!!!!
    Try calling Palm itself....claimed that you had pressed the center button and it cracked (i read that the Pre is known to crack, manufacturing flaw). They might replace it for you.
    You have nothing to lose now. Give them a call. It might work out.

Best of luck.
    SD
    i dropped mine just the other day it landed on its screen, but lucky i just got a tiny scratch, but in some screens it sticks out like an eye soar. but no affect on performance so i guess i wil just deal with a scratch.
    I'm so very sorry this happened.

For all of you who use your Pre to wake up ... consider this a wake up call

I use an alarm clock... like an actual alarm clock... to wake up in the morning.

Everytime I read a post about people oversleeping cause the alarm on the Pre doesn't always (or didn't) work properly... I wonder why on Earth would anyone use their phone as an alarm clock? I don't like to handle my expensive electronics when I'm half asleep.

I'd rather drop my $9.99 alarm clock that I bought at Walgreens than my $199 phone.

And before you tell me that's what the alarm on the Pre is for... I disagree. It's there to remind you... not wake you up (except when you're having a one night stand and you want the phone to initiate your walk of shame).
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    If you have insurance, which the op did, you pay $100 deductible for a new or refurbished phone. If you don't have insurance, you don't have any good options -- full price as far as I know.

Looks like the op has to pay full price - bummer.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Sorry that happened.

So . . .

How about posting ur wallpaper here? :-)
    or where to find?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast