1.    #1  
    I have nothing open on my screen and the phone still says close
    card to free up memory? What the heck??? I had to reboot the phone to get it working again. There's definitely a bug on this phone.
    It's a known memory leak.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    and its a shame palm hasn't addressed this "known" issue in 2 updates..
    It is unacceptable if they want to stand next to Rimm and apple, imo.
    I've had the same problem. Hopefully the next update will address it.
    same thing happened to me...just did a reboot and all fine...remember it is a 1st gen fone dont go crazy
    It's not a Palm issue. It's due to homebrew not cleaning up their memory usage. There isn't anything Palm can do.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    It might be 1st gen, but it didn't occur with the original software on the phone...it only started with the 1st update that also removed the ability to open new cards from links with the ORANGE+LINK combo. I would have 10 web sites open at once...now I can barely have three if I'm lucky...it was great for this site!

PS..this happened before I started with hombrew apps as well...so its not that!
    Quote Originally Posted by strudeau View Post
    It might be 1st gen, but it didn't occur with the original software on the phone...it only started with the 1st update that also removed the ability to open new cards from links with the ORANGE+LINK combo. I would have 10 web sites open at once...now I can barely have three if I'm lucky...it was great for this site!

PS..this happened before I started with hombrew apps as well...so its not that!
    for me it happened after having homebrew apps
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    It's not a Palm issue. It's due to homebrew not cleaning up their memory usage. There isn't anything Palm can do.
    I don't have any homebrew apps and never have had any. This has happened to me most recently just yesterday.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    This happened to me before the 1st update and before i had any homebrew apps...
    This happened much more frequently with version 1.0.2. I think Palm has cleared up at least some of the memory leaks.