Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I have a folder on my computer with 80 wallpapers. They are all JPEG and one is PNG (this one shows on the phone) with 320x480 for size.
    I put all of these on my phone in the wallpaper folder. They show in USB mode, but they won't all show in the picture viewer on the phone.

What gives? Also means they don't come up for the switcharoo app.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Bump (got buried)
    I know that pngs don't show up for me but you only have one of those. Could they have maybe been saved as photoshop jpegs?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgdewey View Post
    I know that pngs don't show up for me but you only have one of those. Could they have maybe been saved as photoshop jpegs?
    No I downloaded them from either here or Pre Wallpaper sites.
    Is there maybe a size limit on the images? Not sure what else it may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    No I downloaded them from either here or Pre Wallpaper sites.
    Is there maybe a size limit on the images? Not sure what else it may be.
    Its the PNG's. I downloaded some from the Pre Wallpaper site as well, and a few were PNG's, and they would not show up on the Pre. If you change the PNG to a JPEG, you'll be ok. Thats what I did, and I haven't had any problems since.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Its the PNG's. I downloaded some from the Pre Wallpaper site as well, and a few were PNG's, and they would not show up on the Pre. If you change the PNG to a JPEG, you'll be ok. Thats what I did, and I haven't had any problems since.
    I went through all of them and all but one of them are JPEG's. However that one PNG does show up. Theres just some randome JPEG's not showing up in the wallpaper photo section and I can't put any reason as to why.
    I went through all of them and all but one of them are JPEG's. However that one PNG does show up. Theres just some randome JPEG's not showing up in the wallpaper photo section and I can't put any reason as to why.
    Hmm, that's weird. When I had that happen, it was because they were PNG's.. Not sure whats going on..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I placed all files (.jpg) in the 'wallpapers' folder under usb mode, but not all of them are showing up in wallpapers in photo mode. What gives?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ok, so I went through and renamed a couple of the wallpapers, and they started showing up (at random). I now have all .jpg's showing up in both the 'wallpapers' folder in USB mode, as well as 'wallpapers' in photos. Most of my pics are labeled with just one word; however, some have numbers, some have underscores, some have spaces, but ALL are showing up. Not sure what the rhyme and reason is exactly - maybe they have to be renamed once in the wallpapers folder for them to show up? Either way, it's working, just unsure of how. :P
    It was my experience that any file name that contained a space could end up not showing up. If you eliminate the spaces in your file names, you should be fine.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Interesting. I had the same problem last night. I transferred a few things to the phone via WinSCP (music, video and pics). All the music and videos came over. Only 3 pictures did. Most were .jpeg, I think only 2 were .png, which I think were the ones that showed up! I'll go in via usb tonight and see if renaming them will do the trick
    Post one of the ones that are not showing up here so that we can try it on our Pre's wallpaper folder.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    try this .jpg it's not working.

((Pre-Wallpapers.com)) Look No Further... The Best Palm Pre Wallpapers on the Internet. - Anime / Comics/The Mighty Thor

i'm having the same issues with .jpg not showing up (in any folders)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    For anyone transferring images via WinSCP, anything over 100kb will NOT appear. Transferring the same files via USB and they work fine. Got me as to why, but I figured this out and posted it roughly a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    For anyone transferring images via WinSCP, anything over 100kb will NOT appear. Transferring the same files via USB and they work fine. Got me as to why, but I figured this out and posted it roughly a month ago.
    thank you sir, you're a genius