Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Please link up with the heads over at Nintendo and bring us the capability to play the original Nintendo games on our Pre. Please. If you were able to pull this off, you would with one blow, knock iPhone into the eternal hole (a la the messenger in the movie "300").

I thought that by now some phone company would have realized that the consumer would kill for the ability to do this. I just want to be able to play Contra again. As well as Xcite Bike, Double Dragon, Paper Boy, Shatterhand, and other popular NES titles.

Come on Palm, please hear my cry.

Fellow threaders, please post the games you miss from the original NES console. The games you would pay to have on your Pre.
    There are SO many other, way more important things that need to be fixed before they start adding features.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I'll take any games NOT named "Connect4".
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    What...you don't like the five whole nerve racking games of connect4 you get? <0/
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    Please link up with the heads over at Nintendo and bring us the capability to play the original Nintendo games on our Pre. Please. If you were able to pull this off, you would with one blow, knock iPhone into the eternal hole (a la the messenger in the movie "300").

I thought that by now some phone company would have realized that the consumer would kill for the ability to do this. I just want to be able to play Contra again. As well as Xcite Bike, Double Dragon, Paper Boy, Shatterhand, and other popular NES titles.

Come on Palm, please hear my cry.

Fellow threaders, please post the games you miss from the original NES console. The games you would pay to have on your Pre.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please Palm, at least Contra, Mario and a couple others. To begin with, of course.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I had to exchange my Pre, and now I have 5 all new chances to play connect 4!! Yay me!!
    Nintendo will never cannibalize their DS or Gameboy markets. Now if palm can get NEC's Turbo Grafx-16 game library i'd be happy. Bonk's Adventure, Blazing Lazers, Ninja Spirit! They have an endless catalog of decent small footprint (>400kb) games!
    Last edited by Steveborough; 08/19/2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I was honestly hoping for more begging
    ........ these threads are killin' me.... the was the Pre geared towards kids 1-15 yrs of age?!?!

<<edited by berd>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 08/19/2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Flame
    Checkers is awesome, what are you talking about?
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    It's not even technically possible with the current SDK and OS structure -- you're basically asking Palm to write a native SDK and OS if you want this kind of capability. Given that they haven't even fleshed out webOS to its potential yet, I sure don't see them doing a native OS/SDK any time soon!
    palm is using konami code... who knows we will see
    MatterOfFactJack
    Need to get access to full hardware power, pre obviously got app power limitation, which make it sucks and sluggish, I rather run 1-5 apps at a time with full speed, I never use more than 5 at a time anyways
    +1 for the original Zelda and maybe DigDug
    Ummm.. we are jumping really far ahead dontcha think?

I'd rather have:
    Stock Forwarding of messages
    OpenGL
    MORE Apps
    Video Recording
    Stupid glitches taken care of
    Hardware issues addressed
    and A LOT MORE before we worry about playing with pokeman's balls on my pre.
    Last edited by tntsniper; 08/20/2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There are SO many other, way more important things that need to be fixed before they start adding features.
    agreed!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Thank you!! Lets bring the Pre up to it's potential first!! Nintendo....good God, think priorities are a little backwards and premature? I would like to just see the lag time taken out of it first. Can you imagine how screwy games like that would be on it right know? Lets work the bugs out first, worry about kiddy games later....shall we
    Um... OK am I missing something? How about improving battery performance first, improving the touch screen response, text message forwarding, on screen emoticon list in text messaging, faster calendar app, more features in tasks, some filtering in contact syncing, slider in the music player, etc...

There are many, MANY more fundamental features that need to be adressed before we worry about putting games on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Ugh. Just give me video.
    Am I missing something here as well?

Did he say that this should be their priority?

I do not believe he did.

He was simply stating that the ability to port Original NES games onto cellphones is something that would have great revenue possibilities for cell phone makers.

Disregard my comment though, since I'm pretty sure I missed something.
    Last edited by phidalgo; 08/20/2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: blah?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast