1.    #1  
    When I use the Pre as a USB drive on OS X 10.5 these days, I only get the generic drive icon provided by OS X, but I seem to remember I had the prettier Palm USB drive icon earlier. Any idea why this might be the case?
    It's your imagination... OS X only shows the generic drive icon.
    Mine used to display a black palm icon too, now it is just the generic drive. Mine just changed in the last week or so. Not immediately following 1.1.
    Mine has always had the generic drive. How do I get the "prettier Palm USB drive icon"? Although I use WIN XP.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    That is odd...my Pre shows as a cool black Palm Pre Icon on my MB Pro while my wife's Pre shows as a generic disk icon on her iMac....same OS ver too
    Try selecting "Media Sync" instead of USB mode. I think that fixed it for me.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    This is the icon you're asking about: localhostr.com/files/8548ac/Picture+1.jpg
    Here is a download for it: localhostr.com/files/7a5614/PALM+PRE.zip

Howto: unzip the file. You will see a folder with the icon you want. cmd+i on it. Click the icon. Make sure there's a blue halo around it, as that indicates that it is selected. cmd+c to copy it. Now, plug in your pre, and enable usb mode. It will show up on the desktop - cmd+i it. Click the icon on it, and cmd+v. Close the window, and your icon will be saved.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I should mention that this method only works in OS X.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Perhaps it has to do with the spoofed USB ID to re-enable iTunes sync.

Just a thought.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaDAk View Post
    This is the icon you're asking about: localhostr.com/files/8548ac/Picture+1.jpg
    Here is a download for it: localhostr.com/files/7a5614/PALM+PRE.zip

Howto: unzip the file. You will see a folder with the icon you want. cmd+i on it. Click the icon. Make sure there's a blue halo around it, as that indicates that it is selected. cmd+c to copy it. Now, plug in your pre, and enable usb mode. It will show up on the desktop - cmd+i it. Click the icon on it, and cmd+v. Close the window, and your icon will be saved.
    Thanks for this. When I try it, the icon, which previews perfectly, shows up as a generic JPG icon at the top of the Get Info window, and that's what displays when I copy and paste to the Get Info for the desktop icon. Any idea why?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Thanks for this. When I try it, the icon, which previews perfectly, shows up as a generic JPG icon at the top of the Get Info window, and that's what displays when I copy and paste to the Get Info for the desktop icon. Any idea why?
    Never mind . . . finally got it to work, but it took a few tries. Strange.

Thanks for the help.