1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone had this same problem, when connecting to a wifi and entering in the password, the "sign in" button only lights up (or becomes click-able) when a certain amount of letters are entered, like it knows how long that password is.. However, I can not connect to my GF's wifi because her password does not match the length of what the pre thinks the password length is.. so i type in the correct password and pre wont let me click "sign in" button..

is my pre's wifi messed up, or does everyones pre do this??

thanks in advance for the help..
    Sounds like it might be a WEP vs. WPA issue. WEP takes only "passwords" that are 5 or 13 characters. I think WPA can have a variable number. I've never tried to connect my Pre to a password protected wireless router so I don't know. Is there an option to select WPA vs. WEP?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    oh ok.. well that clarifies somethings.. well the weird thing is i am looking at their wireless password and it does say WEP connection but their password is 8 characters.. yet her laptop is connected and so are some others in her family.. if i changed the setting to WPA would that effect everyone elses internet? or as long as i use same password, will it stay the same?..

4.    #4  
    nvm, i had to enter in the like 26 character hex generated password lol.. but at least im connected and i do not have to change their wireless settings lol

thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    oh ok.. well that clarifies somethings.. well the weird thing is i am looking at their wireless password and it does say WEP connection but their password is 8 characters.. yet her laptop is connected and so are some others in her family.. if i changed the setting to WPA would that effect everyone elses internet? or as long as i use same password, will it stay the same?..

I'd just about bet you're confusing terms.

If they have a WEP connection and an 8 character "password", it's probably a passphrase, not a password.

On some WIFI devices, you can enter a passphrase, and it's converted to a hexdecimal number of the appropriate length. If their "password" has anything other than the numbers 0-9 or letters a-f, then it's a passphrase.

They can call up their WIFI device on their computer, and look at the key that's generated by the passphrase to see the hex number they need, or they can check it on the router's web based interface or configuration software.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    nvm, i had to enter in the like 26 character hex generated password lol.. but at least im connected and i do not have to change their wireless settings lol

thanks for your help!
    Funny, I typed my response before seeing this. Thought about deleting it, then decided someone else may run into the same issue.

26 characters huh, somone decided that they needed 128bit encryption.

It could be worse, at least the Pre "remembers" the settings