1.    #1  
    Since update app for me is broken. I log into account, see my books and when I click on the chapter I want I get title but no body text. I deleted app and reinstalled, cleared cache amd nothing has worked. I also tried the option to dowoad to device and that still didn't work. Any ideas?
    Had that problem. Just received an email from Shortcovers today saying that their app has been fixed. Deleted app, reinstalled, and works fine for me now.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmarcus View Post
    Had that problem. Just received an email from Shortcovers today saying that their app has been fixed. Deleted app, reinstalled, and works fine for me now.
    Still broken for me.
    Just downloaded the latest version, and it seems to work OK for me. A *lot* better than the previous one IMHO.

Is it possible that the particular book you're trying to read is bad? Have you tried any other books?
    I've been experiencing the same issue. I sent in an email and received this in reply:

Hi Heather,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. You are one of the
    first customers to provide us with input on our new app which was
    released just yesterday. Our Palm team is working hard to deal with
    the new issues which are arising. We hope to have an answer for you
    soon.

Rest assured that if we cannot restore your access to your books, you
    will receive a refund.

Sincerely,
    The shortcovers.com Team
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Appears to work OK for me. The biggest change (only change) I have noticed is the ability to read off-line now. However, I am not able to bookmark my spot if I am off-line. It gives an eror message stating I need to be logged in etc. Is this the same experience others are having?
    They save the bookmarks to your online profile. Write feedback and suggest local storing of bookmarks.
    I purchased two Shortcovers books to read on vacation and the program will not let me view my books. I can download each book and watch the progress bar as it obviously downloads, but I still can't view the pages of the books. I can tap on a chapter and there is no text, just a small picture of the cover and "Chapter XX" on the top left corner of the screen. I have tried logging out and logging in. Also tried a soft reset. Anyone who has this app working have any advice? FYI - the Shortcovers website has no decent info.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJMBrooklyn View Post
    I purchased two Shortcovers books to read on vacation and the program will not let me view my books. I can download each book and watch the progress bar as it obviously downloads, but I still can't view the pages of the books. I can tap on a chapter and there is no text, just a small picture of the cover and "Chapter XX" on the top left corner of the screen. I have tried logging out and logging in. Also tried a soft reset. Anyone who has this app working have any advice? FYI - the Shortcovers website has no decent info.
    Im still having exact same problem with all of my books. I sent email to support and they responded right away asking me what books are in my library. I now have waited three days and no response back from them. Either they didnt get my emails or their tech support is weak.

Please fix app!
    Just received the reply below from Shortcovers:

"We are sorry to hear that you continue to experience problems with our
    app. We are forwarding your concerns to our Palm development team
    which is working hard to fix any glitches with the new app and get it
    working smoothly. We hope to have an answer for you soon.

If you would like a refund due to your inability to access your
    content for an extended amount of time, we will put it through. You
    can also wait for the results of our Palm's team's investigation into
    this issue. Let us know what you decide.

Sincerely,
    The shortcovers.com Team"

Ugghhh...I just want to read my books on the Pre! It is odd that some folks in the forums aren't having these issues. We all have the same hardware and - presumably - the latest version of WebOS. I wonder why this app is working for some and not others. Theories?