1.    #1  
    Every time I open up the web browser or my picture viewer, its always on its side even though I am holding the phone upright in its normal portrait view. I always close the application in portrait view but it will always open up in landscape. Is it me or is this actually an issue?

Also ti does resolve itself if i tilt towards me but its just a little inconvenience.
    Happens to me. Usually I have to tap the side of the phone until it adjusts itself. Palm should implement an option to turn it off for web browsing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Happens to me. Usually I have to tap the side of the phone until it adjusts itself. Palm should implement an option to turn it off for web browsing.
    Ya it would be nice to have the ability to just off that feature all together. Frankly it doesnt help me out that much, give you another half an inch
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My Pre does NOT do that. My web browser and photos both open in whichever mode I'm holding the phone. I've had it stick once or twice - and not notice I've chaged orientation - but in general it knows. You might want to check yours...

Have you run the hardware test that checks the screen orientation?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    How do you do that test?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Open up the launcher, and go to "Device Info." Scroll down and hit "More Info." Once that page opens, go to the "Preferences tab" on the upper left and choose "Interactive tests..."

The "Screen" one will test your screen colors, proximity sensor, keyboard backlight, light sensor, and rotation. (The last one is the one you want for this problem. You can skip any of the other tests you don't want to go through.)

Besides the screen tests, from the main Interactive Tests menu there are tests for Hardware Buttons, Touch Sensors, Audio, Power (battery and chargers) and your GPS.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Mine does the same thing, but I never noticed until after 1.1. I had the phone for a few weeks with 1.0.4, and never had it do that. It's rather annoying to have to turn it/shake it/tap it/wait a few seconds before it'll realize that it's right side up, especially since typing to search when it's in landscape mode doesn't work!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    Open up the launcher, and go to "Device Info." Scroll down and hit "More Info." Once that page opens, go to the "Preferences tab" on the upper left and choose "Interactive tests..."

The "Screen" one will test your screen colors, proximity sensor, keyboard backlight, light sensor, and rotation. (The last one is the one you want for this problem. You can skip any of the other tests you don't want to go through.)

Besides the screen tests, from the main Interactive Tests menu there are tests for Hardware Buttons, Touch Sensors, Audio, Power (battery and chargers) and your GPS.
    It's not a hardware issue. Everything works fine and the phone does rotate the screen in the browser, but for some reason it decides to open the browser as if it were lying with the volume buttons down.
    it might be a homebrew app u recently installed. trying tracing steps back.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This happens to me also. It has been happening more and more frequently and randomly.