Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Trust me, you wont get anywhere. I've decided just to keep mine. I have wobble, but it works perfectly. If is does break, I have insurance, so I should be covered. Also, if it gives out, by then, Palm should have the build perfected by then, so hopefully I would get a PERFECT phone!! (just made up my mind 15 min. ago)
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    From all my checking around, it sounds like if your slider is loose, get a new one that is tight, it will eventually become loose to.....who knows at this point!
    Every slider phone I've ever owned gets loose after months and months of use.

But the early Pre phones with the gap and the snap and the creak and the twist...

THOSE ARE DEFECTS; Crappy builds the company rushed out the door and people on this forum brushed it off and blamed the consumer for "complaining" and "not doing their research" and some even suggested that first generation devices "are supposed to be like that." Blah blah blah.

I bought a $42 cake for a friend's birthday the other night and when I picked it up -- it had a white unripened strawberry on top. The guy told me he was out of strawberries and couldn't put a fresh, red one on there. Do you think I paid $1 for that cake? It sure was yummy, though.

There are well-built Pre phones out there. Exchange! Make them take every box up to the front of the Sprint store. Check them all. Demand a replacement.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I put a very good effort toward getting mine exchanged, but they stalled me past my 30 days by refusing to take it back. I really don't know what to do now. I have spent HOURS on the phone and in the stores with morons with no results. Do you have any suggestions for those of us that have a less than perfect or even descent Pres. Any help or tips would be appreciated!! I would love to have a Pre as well built as my wifes!!
    you guys are crazy - and I am too. I had the clicking issue as well I obsessed over it for a while and even made it a little worse by poking around at it. Then I bought the best buy rocketfish case, it keeps it rigid so you can't make the clicking noise. get the case, TEP, forget about the physical defects and enjoy the phone.

these little defects aren't worth obsessing over.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123