Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    on your dialer, push #786##. Please post back with your date
    This isn't bringing anything up. I'm supposed to dial this into the onscreen dialer or using the keyboard? Neither is working...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    It's on your dialer, but it's actually ##786# (Two #'s before, one after.)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    akarol, I hope not, but in a selfish way, it would make me feel better about mine(sorry babe) Think it's the nature of the phone? If so, so be it. I still love the Pre!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    ooops, ya I meant ##786#....sorry bout that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    It's on your dialer, but it's actually ##786# (Two #'s before, one after.)
    Thanks. That works!

Looks like I've got a warranty date of 07/01/09.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    7/1 is not the new and improved build....sorry
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    So, if I'm having some minor issues already (my date is 7/2) should I exchange? Or does the newer build have issues too?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    From all my checking around, it sounds like if your slider is loose, get a new one that is tight, it will eventually become loose to.....who knows at this point!
    My gf's phone has the gap/click....my phone doesn't.

She hasn't even noticed it ...i just inspect crap cause of this forum haha.

It'll be fine.
    ps...my phone was built 7/31/09
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    ps...my phone was built 7/31/09
    That's because after the middle of July, Palm starting improving the build. You ever notice, woman don't obsess about electronics and flaws like men do. All us men must have EDOCD (electronic device obsessive compulsive disorder) hope I spelled that right
  12.    #32  
    Sprint is now going to let me exchange. My store will get new ones in on Friday. I hope there are not any issues with this one or I might just go back to my 4.5 year old Sanyo.
    I am on my 2nd Pre first one was not loose but had a blotch on the screen... Mine that i have now has a warranty date of 6/11/09 but if you look at the back of mine its the same as the later Pre's but my friend has one with the same date and it has a little bit different slide mechanism and has a Gap and you can move it back and forth... you can see how my slider is stronger design this his So i am thinking that some of the new build were shipped out along with the first rev as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I am on my 2nd Pre first one was not loose but had a blotch on the screen... Mine that i have now has a warranty date of 6/11/09 but if you look at the back of mine its the same as the later Pre's but my friend has one with the same date and it has a little bit different slide mechanism and has a Gap and you can move it back and forth... you can see how my slider is stronger design this his So i am thinking that some of the new build were shipped out along with the first rev as well...
    Pics of the different slider mechanisms would be nice. Would help some of us on the fence about exchanging for a newer build...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    You ever notice, woman don't obsess about electronics and flaws like men do. All us men must have EDOCD (electronic device obsessive compulsive disorder) hope I spelled that right
    Just an FYI... I'm obsessed with the gap, click, and wiggle on my Pre, even though no one I know agrees and they all think I'm insane. i check it daily to see if it's getting worse and I'm compulsively reading these forums to decide what I should do, if I should exchange it, if it's worth the hassle, etc...

And I'm a female.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Pics of the different slider mechanisms would be nice. Would help some of us on the fence about exchanging for a newer build...
    +1
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Buy a case it resolves most of the issues
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    Just an FYI... I'm obsessed with the gap, click, and wiggle on my Pre, even though no one I know agrees and they all think I'm insane. i check it daily to see if it's getting worse and I'm compulsively reading these forums to decide what I should do, if I should exchange it, if it's worth the hassle, etc...

And I'm a female.
    My wife claims it is only a male trait! Glad to see I'm not the only one insainly OCD with my phone. I'm also with you, I'm having a hard time deciding if I should exchange or not. There are to many conflicting reports about the new ones-stay tight and then others say back to the same ole wobble. OHHHH what to do! I'm to old for this s#@!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Buy a case it resolves most of the issues
    I don't want and shouldn't have to get a case to "correct" my phone issues.
    My slider has developed a slight wiggle and "clack" when it's closed. When open, it's just fine, but I'm concerned because the wiggle is getting worse. When I press the power button the top portion of the Pre moves, too. Oh, I'm almost 3 weeks past 30 days...

I took it to the Sprint store where I purchased and had them take a look. The tech there said that Palm doesn't want them to open the phone, and since the wiggle doesn't hinder performance, there's nothing they can do. Basically, they can't help me until it actually breaks.

I'm not demanding a repair but I was hoping a store would at least TRY to help me out. Should I pursue this further? Perhaps try another store?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast