1.    #1  
    Is it just me or does it seem like the homebrew apps are not really using this so called "synenergy" feature. For example the pretracking app, you should be able to track your items from DHL, UPS , FEDex , but when you are using your pre and cant copy the tracking number over into the app shouldnt the app pull that long tracking number for you from your gmail account or something. I get emails with the tracking number in it. The synenergy should pull that but its not. What about gmail itself, gmail you can archeive your email into seperate folders and you can check that on your pre but the pre does not pull every single email from them folders. (i need those files) I actually have to log in from gmail.com and resend it to myself from the folder. This should not be.
    I don't think what you're proposing is what Synergy is all about. Synergy is about getting data from multiple sources and displaying it in a unified way. It has nothing to do with grabbing data from multiple sources, scrapping that data for information and displaying specific things from that data.

In fact, I wouldn't want app developers to scrape my email. Who knows what else they could scrape.

Synergy would only come into play when tracking packages if you had an account with FedEx, UPS and DHL and setup all of those accounts in the Pre. THEN you would have Synergy. Naturally this support does not exist right now.
    btw, the name of the app is prepackage. pre tracking is a different app.

and unless palm email parses the number so that apps know its a tracking number and not just a phone number, i dont know how the developer can grab that info.

as for google mail, i think we may need a dedicated google app to get all the benefits of gmail. imap just doesnt do all that gmail offers.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    If you are unhappy with the current selection of homebrew apps, feel free to make your own like those developers did.

That is one of the things I love about the Pre, the community and its sharing atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    I get emails with the tracking number in it. The synenergy should pull that but its not.
    If you hit "reply" to the email, it becomes editable and you can then copy the text, and paste it into PrePackage. Sure its an extra step, but not that big of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    the pre does not pull every single email from them folders. (i need those files) I actually have to log in from gmail.com and resend it to myself from the folder. This should not be.
    Do you have you settings to only get email for the last 3 days? 7 days? etc? While I have Yahoo (not gmail), I have it set to "all" so when I go into a folder other than Inbox, it syncs it then and pulls in the email. You just have to wait for it to sync, which kinda sucks, but its still there!