1.    #1  
    I was on my 2nd Pre and recently it started resetting when using the slider. So I figured I had the loose battery problem. So I temporary tried the paper trick to hold the battery in place. I called Sprint and they didnt hear about any new designed battery to help with this problem. They told me to go to a Repair Center to have my phone checked out. So I made the big mistake and unknowingly went to a 3rd party Repair Center. The idiots there wipe out my phone and reinstalled OS without even first telling me. Got into a big argument and I told them that they were clueless idiots for not first telling the customer that they were deleting data on the phone. And of course it didnt fix the problem. I called back Sprint to complain and they give me a $60 credit for my trouble with that 3rd party Repair Center. Next I called Palm and they told me I needed to get my phone replaced. I stopped by the Sprint store where I first got the Pre on launch day. The Sales Rep showed me a list of Sprint Repair Centers in the area and after hearing about my bad experience, gave me a Pre battery for my trouble.

Ok so I finally went to Sprint RC and they said that my replacement phone would take a few days to come in. Went back and got my new (refurb) phone. So far it seems fine. I noticed the piece of form tape at the top of the battery slot. They also gave me the back cover off the phone I was replacing.

So overall I got a $60 credit, spare battery and back cover while trying to get my new Pre. Moral of the story is to first check that the repair center is a Corporate Sprint one. I'm new to Sprint and now see the big difference from going to the wrong one.
    Question: your replacement unit..you mentioned its a refurb, can you check ##786# on the dialer and verify if recon status has a date?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    They told me to go to a Repair Center to have my phone checked out. So I made the big mistake and unknowingly went to a 3rd party Repair Center. The idiots there wipe out my phone and reinstalled OS without even first telling me.

Moral of the story is to first check that the repair center is a Corporate Sprint one. I'm new to Sprint and now see the big difference from going to the wrong one.

So all 3rd parties are crap because of one incident in one store????

How absurd.
  4.    #4  
    "So all 3rd parties are crap because of one incident in one store????"

Where did I say all? At that one store they didnt know what they were doing.

Trim81 - recon date 7/23/09
    How many days did it take the RC to order the phone?

And what type of packaging? White box? Did it say sprint on it?

I ask because I have been dealing with Palm MFG warranty and would like to know the difference in the company handling
  6.    #6  
    It only took a few days. I think I went on a Thursday or Friday and they said to pick it up Tuesday. I'm not sure what your asking about the box? It comes in a small box that has the phone only in it. They take battery from your original phone and put it in new one.

It was strange when I started Pandora for the first time, it was logged in under someone else account. Maybe because its a refurb it pickup prior user account info?
    Did it come with a back battery cover?

The warranty exchanges from Palm MFG comes with a back cover
  8.    #8  
    Yes it did come with a back cover, they also let me have the one from the phone I was getting replaced.