Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #1  
    OK so att/apple is fighting back, I seen two commercials referencing the apps of iphone, one where you can just flick photos or contacts and they show up directly on the other iphone, or etrade app, a game app where you can play thru your phone and your friends phone....that's pretty sweet I can't wait to get these kinda apps on the Pre!.......
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    OK so att/apple is fighting back, I seen two commercials referencing the apps of iphone, one where you can just flick photos or contacts and they show up directly on the other iphone, or etrade app, a game app where you can play thru your phone and your friends phone....that's pretty sweet I can't wait to get these kinda apps on the Pre!.......
    I don't see this as fighting back. Apple has always used direct demonstration of their apps to sell their product. In a devastatingly effectively manner at that.

    It's one of the reasons I think the Pre weird lady ads are a misfire. people need to know what the pre can do...not that a weird lady can use it in a green field...

    nb
  3. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #3  
    I agree, Apple/ATT are fighting mad and doing something about it. They're getting ready to battle on the streets.

    LiveLeak.com - Gunman Opens Fire in Traffic
  4. HockeyPre's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    I don't see this as fighting back. Apple has always used direct demonstration of their apps to sell their product. In a devastatingly effectively manner at that.

    It's one of the reasons I think the Pre weird lady ads are a misfire. people need to know what the pre can do...not that a weird lady can use it in a green field...

    nb
    I totally agree with this 100%!!! I personally really think and know that the Pre has soo much potential to be at that status of the iphone. Which once more good apps come out that can help everyday life as well as having fun come out. It will be there!
  5. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #5  
    While lots of the iPhone's apps are junk, there are also many that are real gems. I don't know if we'll ever see some of the things that can be done on the iPhone on the Pre, due to the lack of support in the SDK. Maybe in a year or so Palm will introduce a better SDK?
  6. HockeyPre's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #6  
    Time will tell... they are some what close...
  7. #7  
    They have said...again and again.

    3D intensive gaming is not a goal they have with WebOS at this time.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    They have said...again and again.

    3D intensive gaming is not a goal they have with WebOS at this time.
    As long as "at this time" is the keyword...then I am good with that. I just think that putting the hardware into the phone, but not using it, is a total waste! That's like having a V8 under the hood and just using 2 cylinders.
  9. s219's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    #9  
    I hate to keep injecting reality into the discussion here, but it's not even possible with the current SDK. The words "at this time" may as well mean "not until we have a native OS and SDK". That is no small task, especially given the road they're currently on with webOS.

Posting Permissions