Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Try "SJ"

Try looking at it a different way.

You currently have the "total control" of which you are speaking on your Palm Pre profile.

You also have the same total control on Facebook, AOL, Google, and multiple EAS accounts.

Finally, you have something new (with the Pre). You can bring ALL of those into one location. You can't control them from the Pre, but you can control whether or not you bring them to it.
    I don't have total control over who comes into my Pre when I connect to those accounts though. If I link to my Facebook, ALL of my Facebook accounts come over. Same with AIM or Google. The point is that there are people who I want linked from Facebook and some that I don't -- I should have the option to choose those people. Currently, I don't have that option, other than to either delete the link to Facebook, or delete those people from my Facebook account, and both of those options are unacceptable. That is not having "total control."

The Pre is still a work in progress, and some things that seemed to work conceptually need some tweaking in real-life. I am fine with that ... for now
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I don't have total control over who comes into my Pre when I connect to those accounts though. If I link to my Facebook, ALL of my Facebook accounts come over. Same with AIM or Google. The point is that there are people who I want linked from Facebook and some that I don't -- I should have the option to choose those people. Currently, I don't have that option, other than to either delete the link to Facebook, or delete those people from my Facebook account, and both of those options are unacceptable. That is not having "total control."

The Pre is still a work in progress, and some things that seemed to work conceptually need some tweaking in real-life. I am fine with that ... for now
    I understood your point, and understood how the systems work. Mine was that you DO have more control over this system than you did others. With other systems, you controlled who you had on the phone. With this one, you do as well. With this system though, you can additionally show who is on other systems. You have to control those "other systems" (except EAS) from those systems though.

I too, would like to see the option to be able to control who is shown from Facebook based on FB Categories. I suspect, though I can't say for sure, that Palm is hesitant to go down that route because of the complexity of setting each "remote client's" category setup. Each one would handle theirs differently. This is also most likely the reason some users are disappointed with the amount of information that the other systems will pull down.

Maybe (hopefully?) down the road, they will simply show us the database configuration that the client "sees", and let us add our own filters. However, that's likely to be above the heads of the average users.
    I'd add VPN support to the list.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> BB Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    4.) Turn off screen while charging on Touchstone.
    i didn't read this thread but i can turn off my screen when on the TS. just shows the time.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepymonkey View Post
    i didn't read this thread but i can turn off my screen when on the TS. just shows the time.
    Thus the screen is not off

It doesn't seem so bright until you wake up in the middle of the night and wonder what the hell that glow is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    Thus the screen is not off

It doesn't seem so bright until you wake up in the middle of the night and wonder what the hell that glow is.
    you're right, it is quite blinding now that you mention it.
  7.    #47  
    Added a couple more items, and put notes on hacks or patches that exist to overcome some of the shortcomings.
    installing a patch looks...a little complicated for the novice. will some of these patches come with future updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Well, I wouldn't consider it hunting -- if I want to call Suzy Jones, a couple of flicks of my finger takes me to her name in the contact list. I'd say it's actually quicker to do that than to open the slider, start typing her name, and then pick her name out among the other Jones' in your contact list that appear.

I do appreciate there being multiple ways to find a person though. All I'm asking is to be in total control over which people reside on my phone, rather than having to delete them in Facebook to remove them from my contacts, which seems kind of silly.
    I am in agreement with you sir/madam. I understand PALM's rationale
    query vs scroll and all that but this is one place where i'd like to draw the line.
    Facebook isnt always about friends, it's more about contacts.

I have sorted my facebook friends list to the point where family and close friends see my full profile, but coworkers and associates see a limited profile, other people see even less. So it's not about de-friending people, we shouldn't have to do that. Rather we just need the option.

I don't want 500 contacts in my contact list, there are times when u want to call a few old friends and NEED to scroll because u dont know who you want to call.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123