1.    #1  
    For the first time in my life, I saw a Palm Pre ad on TV. It was the typical Palm Pre women, but she was showing off the Palm Pre's universal search feature. She was talking about how looking for stuff can be on the tip of your tongue, but instead it could just be at the tip of your fingers.

I thought it was actually a cool commercial compared with the others. The calender/appointment ad showed back to back. It was during the Daily Show on Comedy Central.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Abyssul; 08/18/2009 at 11:53 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    For the first time in my life, I saw a Palm Pre ad on TV. It was the typical Palm Pre women, but she was showing off the Palm Pre's universal search feature. She was talking about how looking for stuff can be on the tip of your tongue, but instead it could just be at the tip of your fingers.

I thought it was actually a cool commercial compared with the others. The calender/appointment ad showed back to back. It was during the Daily Show on Comedy Central.

Thoughts? I don't have any current footage yet.
    Thoughts? Well, you and I have the same taste.
    I noticed the back-to-back ads on the Daily Show, too. However, they have been shown before. Started about a week or so ago. I had never seen the second ad though it was mentioned here at the time.

These, even if brief, are much, much better.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I just recorded it from the DVR. Coming soon.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Got it.

5.    #5  
    Thank you so much dylandersen

I hope the commercials become more progressive. They seem to turn for the better.

Better than the other commercials, for sure. Although in this recording she looks like those partying people with big black eyes in True Blood under Dionysus's influence...creepy!

But on a serious note, I was using the Search function on my Treo 650 all afternoon today to find customer info in my contacts and calendar... Pre needs to get this function pronto because I can't function without it!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    Better than the other commercials, for sure. Although in this recording she looks like those partying people with big black eyes in True Blood under Dionysus's influence...creepy!

But on a serious note, I was using the Search function on my Treo 650 all afternoon today to find customer info in my contacts and calendar... Pre needs to get this function pronto because I can't function without it!
    What do you mean? I can find contact info, but just typing the person/company name and hitting their name. It will bring up their card.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    What do you mean? I can find contact info, but just typing the person/company name and hitting their name. It will bring up their card.
    I was just saying what I was doing. I know you can search contacts by name, but I was searching though my calendar to find clients by name and street name.

I don't remember if the Pre can search through the contacts to find a street name, or if it only goes my contact name. I didn't have it long enough to find out. I just know the calendar search is crucial to me and it's missing from the Pre.
    I didn't realize the new commercial was out until I was going to bed tonight. I missed it, but heard the words and was blown away. Thank you for posing the link for me to get the visual.

I have to say that the words, by themselves, were actually more powerful than seeing the commercial. But it's the best of the Palm Pre commercials by far.