Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I've only had my Pre for a few days, and I love the "idea" of the thing to death. The form, the slide out keyboard, the beautiful screen, the intuitive OS, etc. It's my dream phone. My specific pre however, has some slight oreo. It barely moves at all if you just LIGHTLY tap it, but if you apply even the slightest amount of force, the screen will kind of klunk to the left a few millimeters.

Now everything else about my Pre is great, the screen is beautiful and flawless and I've had no other device problems, but this wobble makes me so uneasy every time I reach into my pocket for the device. I wrap my hands around it and I can feel the top half give and move around. The battery door is also a bit creaky and can be pushed down a little bit. I'm giving up my verizon blackberry curve (which is more reliable than the sunrise) for this phone, but yet it feels so frail and delicate in my hands....I can't imagine it's going to last 2 years.

I feel bad exchanging an almost perfect Pre just because of this, but I really can't bring myself to LOVE it, when handling it makes me feel so uneasy. I would absolutely love one with a solid slider...I just don't want to run into other problems like screen leakage or dead pixels D: What do you think?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I exchanged my first because it had one stuck pixel a ways off center.

if it's really gonna dampen your enjoyment of this device so drastically, yes.

do it.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    It's certainly a personal choice. There's not a guarantee that another phone won't oreo more. Have you tried a case? I really like the Rocketfish case which adds a very stable feel to the phone. Because it's rigid, it pretty much eliminates any wobble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    I've only had my Pre for a few days, and I love the "idea" of the thing to death. The form, the slide out keyboard, the beautiful screen, the intuitive OS, etc. It's my dream phone. My specific pre however, has some slight oreo. It barely moves at all if you just LIGHTLY tap it, but if you apply even the slightest amount of force, the screen will kind of klunk to the left a few millimeters.

Now everything else about my Pre is great, the screen is beautiful and flawless and I've had no other device problems, but this wobble makes me so uneasy every time I reach into my pocket for the device. I wrap my hands around it and I can feel the top half give and move around. The battery door is also a bit creaky and can be pushed down a little bit. I'm giving up my verizon blackberry curve (which is more reliable than the sunrise) for this phone, but yet it feels so frail and delicate in my hands....I can't imagine it's going to last 2 years.

I feel bad exchanging an almost perfect Pre just because of this, but I really can't bring myself to LOVE it, when handling it makes me feel so uneasy. I would absolutely love one with a solid slider...I just don't want to run into other problems like screen leakage or dead pixels D: What do you think?
    I think you answered your own question.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Well in that case, maybe I'll go see the store tomorrow...how much of the info on my phone is saved via my palm profile?
    Will sprint exchange a pre if it has a dead pixal past the 30 days?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I would exchanged it for a new one. I got mine from best buy and they opened a few boxes until I found one without the oreo effect. My original one did have a slight oreo effect.
    When a phone is brand new...it may not have any oreo effect at all, however, with time of using the device a slight oreo effect may occurr. This happened to me...when i got my device it was perfect and then after use it developed a slight oreo effect but it's not bad and its definitly not an issue.