1.    #1  
    1. Any possibility of a VNC app? A VPN app?

2. Is there an FTP client application? Or any way to login to FTP sites?

3. My home PC's are all networked. Any way to access their shares?

4. There doesn't seem to be any technical reason a device like the Pre that is on my wifi network needs to be connected via USB for me to transfer files to/fro it. Any workarounds?

I'd like to accomplish these without rooting my phone. Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    5. I've noticed that email attachments go into an internal area of the flash drive that is not accessible (withoout rooting). With pictures there is a "copy to photos" button to copy it to a place where you can access it on the USB drive. Is there a way to copy music files to an accessible part of the flash drive similar to how photos can be copied?

As a side question, is it possible to delete the attachment without deleting the actual email? Or does deleting the email not even delete the downloaded attachment??
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    check webos-internals.org - some people are running ftp and samba servers on their pre. No way to do it without rooting your phone though. (just do it, it's simple and doesn't cause any harm)

-mark
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    check webos-internals.org - some people are running ftp and samba servers on their pre. No way to do it without rooting your phone though. (just do it, it's simple and doesn't cause any harm)

-mark
    I don't need to run one, just access one.

Thanks though.
    I have the same need/request??

ISNT there any FTP Client Apps available for PRE

Seems very do able , no?

Id sure be happy to contribute to anyone who wanted to work on this.
    There is a homebrew app apache something that can access your mp3 files on your home pc/server
    Nope. I need to be able to send files up to a web server