Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62
  1.    #1  
    Just thought I'd put it out there! Maybe had one bar in my home office with dropped calls daily. TODAY with Airave...5 bars and people I've talked with tell me they think I'm on a land line....Sucks to pay $5 a month for something I should have...but right now I'm not complaining.
  2. #2  
    ...for $5, that's reallly great. what's initial cost? 100?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Just thought I'd put it out there! Maybe had one bar in my home office with dropped calls daily. TODAY with Airave...5 bars and people I've talked with tell me they think I'm on a land line....Sucks to pay $5 a month for something I should have...but right now I'm not complaining.
    Nice to see some reviews coming in...

    I don't need this just yet, although I have considered for another location I frequent. I normally get no bars there, but most of the time my phone will ring. Not all the time though. If I could have a couple of these and put at different locations, it might be worth $5. My main location picks up fairly well...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4.    #4  
    Yes...initial cost was $99. I didn't do the $10 unlimited plan (would wind up being $15 a month)...I have a ton of minutes I NEVER used because I never could use my Treo in the home office. They said I could upgrade to unlimited down the road if I choose.

    The only SURPRISE is, it doesn't pull in EVDO data! That's pretty weak if you ask me, but when I'm home I'm at my computer so I don't really need the data, and if I did I would use my Touch via wifi, so swallowed it. But seriously, the full bars reception is tremendous!
  5. #5  
    Did they make you activate an additional line for this? That could be a deal-breaker for us bad credit types.
  6.    #6  
    nope. You can get the airrave for the $99. You don't have to activate a line or anything. ALL Sprint phones in your home will get the benefit of the airave...They will all use their own cell minutes. I'm not sure how it works if you buy an unlimited plan. I think for that you have to assign specific phones to the airave...
    BTW-The tech support on the airave is a special number that only does airave...The help was spectacular!
  7. #7  
    Can verizon phones use it or is it locked down to only sprint phones?

    (I work in a dungeon, I mean basement of a government building with nice metal walls circa 1960s. Phone reception down here is horrible.)
  8.    #8  
    I dont think Verizon phones work through an airave.
  9. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Yes...initial cost was $99. I didn't do the $10 unlimited plan (would wind up being $15 a month)...I have a ton of minutes I NEVER used because I never could use my Treo in the home office. They said I could upgrade to unlimited down the road if I choose.

    The only SURPRISE is, it doesn't pull in EVDO data! That's pretty weak if you ask me, but when I'm home I'm at my computer so I don't really need the data, and if I did I would use my Touch via wifi, so swallowed it. But seriously, the full bars reception is tremendous!
    Agree! The reception is fantastic! I too was disappointed about no EVDO but Wi-FI and/or my computer at home is good enough for me. Hopefully they will fix the EVDO but it's not a show stopper for me. I also noticed better battery life do to the increased signal strength.
  10. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #10  
    Strange stuff After a couple days of no EVDO thru Airave, I noticed the phone reported EVDO this morning while on Airave and tested at MSpeed and got 798 kbs!
  11. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Strange stuff After a couple days of no EVDO thru Airave, I noticed the phone reported EVDO this morning while on Airave and tested at MSpeed and got 798 kbs!
    Well, I'm re-grouping. Although I am still pulling in EVDO (according to my phone and the MSpeed tests), the Airave CS confirmed that it does not support EVDO and that it must be a glitch that is positive but I shouldn't be surprised if my bandwidth doesn't continue at the higher speeds. Not that big of a deal for me, but it is nice as long as it lasts.
  12. #12  
    I'm interested.

    Please tell me that this thing won't fry your brain with signal strength.
  13. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I'm interested.

    Please tell me that this thing won't fry your brain with signal strength.
    Since my brain has been fried for years, I can't confirm or deny.

    What were we talking about???
  14. #14  
    I got an Airave. Works great!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I got an Airave. Works great!
    Thanks for posting....

    Nice to see positives reviews!!!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  16. #16  
    We are using one at home and one at my office with unlimited under our five line. working great for us as well.
  17. #17  
    I went to a Sprint store the other day and asked for the Airave. The workers had never seen or sold one before, but they ploughed ahead and started signing me up. However, they said I was required to sign up for the $20 unlimited plan bringing the cost up to $25 per month.

    I told them I understood that was NOT a requirement. They said it was, so I backed away and left empty handed. Is there another way to do this? I went to a store in West Los Angeles (Culver City).
    Last edited by sunnyd; 08/29/2008 at 11:11 PM.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd View Post
    I went to a Sprint store the other day and asked for the Airave. The workers had never seen or sold one before, but they ploughed ahead and started signing me up. However, they said I was required to sign up for the $20 unlimited plan bringing the cost up to $25 per month.

    I told them I understood that was NOT a requirement. They said it was, so I backed away and left empty handed. Is there another way to do this? I went to a store in West Los Angeles (Culver City).
    I was able to buy mine at the Panorama City store in the Valley for $99 without activating or discussing service. when I got home I called the airrave tech number in the start up guide and talked to the GREATEST Sprint guy on the planet, he got me up and running and activated with no additional plan. They actually have pamphlets inthe Sprint stores that say the unlimited plans are optional...
  19. gottago's Avatar
    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #19  
    Just got my airave today. It was activated at the store after a very long wait. For some reason, they (Sprint CS) wanted to charge me $4.99 for each line on my account. Well that didn't happen. I paid the $99 for the unit and $4.99 for access. My understanding is that since I didn't subscribe to one of the optional unlimited plans any usage will come from my current phone plan. So if you have Simply Everything there is no need to subscribe to the optional Airave plans (assuming one line of service will use the Airave).

    Overall, my rep at the store was very helpful and my experience with Airave, so far, has been extremely positive. Time will only tell;-)

    Gottago...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd View Post
    I went to a Sprint store the other day and asked for the Airave. The workers had never seen or sold one before, but they ploughed ahead and started signing me up. However, they said I was required to sign up for the $20 unlimited plan bringing the cost up to $25 per month.

    I told them I understood that was NOT a requirement. They said it was, so I backed away and left empty handed. Is there another way to do this? I went to a store in West Los Angeles (Culver City).
    The $20 is not required and since the service isn't a contract you could simply get home and cancel the unlimited online with your acount, through chat orwith *2.

    [QUOTE=gottago;1492986]Just got my airave today. It was activated at the store after a very long wait. For some reason, they (Sprint CS) wanted to charge me $4.99 for each line on my account. Well that didn't happen. I paid the $99 for the unit and $4.99 for access. My understanding is that since I didn't subscribe to one of the optional unlimited plans any usage will come from my current phone plan. So if you have Simply Everything there is no need to subscribe to the optional Airave plans (assuming one line of service will use the Airave).

    1) Depends which simply everything. not all have unlmited minutes.

    2) the $4.99 per lie is a cmommon misconception and billing mistake by reps setting up accounts. yuo only need the $5 on one line for all lines on your plan to use it. Think abou

    3) if you don't need the unlimited, I assume you are getting it for reception problems. Retention waives the $100 and the $4.99 if that is the case and you order it from them instead of going to the store. we are talking about $100 plus $5x24 months. that is $220 and worth a couple of calls to retention.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions