Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

3) if you don't need the unlimited, I assume you are getting it for reception problems. Retention waives the $100 and the $4.99 if that is the case and you order it from them instead of going to the store. we are talking about $100 plus $5x24 months. that is $220 and worth a couple of calls to retention.
    I get no bars at my home. So you are saying I can call retentions and get the Airave for nothing?

Has anyone done this?
  2. cwb
    I got 2 airaves (my plan is a shared plan and the 4 phones are used in 2 locations with limited reception) and the unlimited plan at no cost. I just spoke to retentions and asked nicely. there was no hassle at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    I get no bars at my home. So you are saying I can call retentions and get the Airave for nothing?
    Has anyone done this?
    Yes lots of people. people with no bars and people with five bars.
    You need to escalate from the first level customer support.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    i got the airave and so far it sucks. i only get 5 bars if i am 5 feet from it. being 50 ft away i am going back into digital. this happens with both my wife and my pre. and it only shows 1 bar. i can get 2-3 bar from about 20 ft away.
    i just got the airave today for free. i told them that my iphone had perfect bars and now the pre has **** service and that if they didnt fix something i was going to go back to AT&T. now the airave is on its way to my house for free and with no monthly addition. Im really excited to hook it up!!
    Retentions told me that anytime I was within the range of the Airave, my minutes did not count against my plan. Is this true???
    I just called and complained about the poor reception at home on my new Pre.
    They are shipping overnight an Airave for free. ...and free service.
    I called the Sprint retention line directly and in ten minutes my free Airave was in the mail. I'm a 5 year Sprint customer. Just got Palm Pre last Saturday. Works great.

Sprint Retentions No Wait Time:
    866-881-9571

Mine just arrived two hours ago. It's all setup and I get 5 full bars.
    i got mine today and it has the syste light blinking red and gps red. but i just got it, how long does it take to get adjusted?
    Do you have a poor signal at home with your Pre?

Then consider a Sprint Airave.

It puts a miniature cell tower in your house!

- Craig
    I've had 0 luck getting a CSR who will help me get one. My wife and I both have terrible service in this house with our Pre's.

I even have attempted to buy them, but none of the sprint stores in my area have them, and you cannot order them online.

Bout ready to switch us both
    I have no Sprint service at home. I use Hughes.net Satellite broadband out here in the Texas countryside (ONLY broadband available) and the Airave won't work with Hughes.
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    I've had 0 luck getting a CSR who will help me get one. My wife and I both have terrible service in this house with our Pre's.

I even have attempted to buy them, but none of the sprint stores in my area have them, and you cannot order them online.

Bout ready to switch us both
    Call them back and tell them that.

- Craig
    **** CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION****

Before anyone decides to purchase or solicit Sprint for a free Airve, please note that the probable reason for the current shortage is that Sprint is rumored to be releasing a 3G version rather soon. Sprint was quoted saying that they will beat AT&T to the market with the first 3G in home service, so this puts the release rather soon. You have been warned.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I have wireless in my house, and the pre does WiFi .. that's better than the Airave can do at 1x or 3g.

But I'd love to be able to put the Pre on my shoulder, and let go of it, and talk -- and not lose the call I'm on. I just chalked it up to ****ty reception on the Pre, but my kid's Moto Q9C has bad reception in the house, too...
    Between the monthly charge, limited number of connections, and current backorder, the Airave isn't looking that sweet to me right now. Has anyone tried a repeater, like one of these:

1900 MHz Cell Phone Repeater

Higher initial cost, but handles more phones and no monthly charge. But I don't hear anyone talking about using one, which makes me wonder how effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post

Before anyone decides to purchase or solicit Sprint for a free Airave, please note that the probable reason for the current shortage is that Sprint is rumored to be releasing a 3G version rather soon. Sprint was quoted saying that they will beat AT&T to the market with the first 3G in home service, so this puts the release rather soon. You have been warned.
    I don't know about the rumors but I do know that the Sprint CTO, Mathew Oommen first mentioned the 3G Femtocell on June 30th:
    Unstrung - WiMax/Broadband Wireless - Sprint: We'll Beat AT&T to 3G Femto - Telecom News Analysis

Sprint promised that they will beat ATT to market but give no time-frame. ATT said they will release their 3G Femtocell in the US by year's end. The limited beta test for the current 2G Femtocell took 11 months and I don't know of the beta testing for the 3G starting yet.

Right now today I am using a cheap Lynksys 54 Mbps wireless router that cost about $50 on sale at Best Buy and the existing Airave. I get full bars and dramatically faster speed than when I am out of area and have to drop down to the 2 Mbps 3G speed.

If people wait until maybe Christmas for the 3G, won't they be going 27 times slower than they could go right now?

Can you tell us a little more about the rumors that you have heard?

- Craig
    I am going off a little bit of rumors, and a little bit of common sense. The rumor is what the Sprint CTO said, mixed with what a Sprint network tech has told me as well.

Combine that with the fact that, for the first time in a year, the airave is on back order, this leads me to believe that a 3G version of the airave is ready to be released. Though, I could be wrong.

Using wifi for data is an OK solution, but it shuts off when on battery power in standby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post

Before anyone decides to purchase or solicit Sprint for a free Airve, please note that the probable reason for the current shortage is that Sprint is rumored to be releasing a 3G version rather soon. Sprint was quoted saying that they will beat AT&T to the market with the first 3G in home service, so this puts the release rather soon. You have been warned.
    *****Caution Caution Caution*****

Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast