1.    #1  
    when i go to a website that contains arabic or receive an email with arabic language i cannot see them,i only can see a blank screen. is there any software available i can update the pre and make it arabic enabeled? i dont care about the writing as much i care about reading arabic. and i dont care if it cost money to buy the software. please help me if you can. thank you
    للأسف لا يوجد حل في الوقت الحالي.

Unfortunately there is no solution right now.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    ya man that sucks! i just want to be able to read arabic i dont care about writing.. thats why palm sucks! and if they keep it this way they will never succeed. apple have more than 20 language in there phone, and if you go to apple website and check the features there is a section just for the languages, that why they have sales in all over the world because they understood how to treat any culture and language.im very dissapointed with my palm pre.
    hahaha yeah, sure. that is why they suck alright.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    hahaha yeah, sure. that is why they suck alright.

Hahaha! Yeah, I guess all my books suck because no matter who looks at them they're always in english.
    Why post this thread twice?
    Guys this dont seem like a troll so i'd go easy on her. sounds like a teen with a handicap pissed daddy wont return her phone.

OP: What gave you the idea that the pre would support multi-languages on launch day or at all? also what made you keep the phone after finding out it had no support?
    Last edited by Binary Tech; 08/20/2009 at 11:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter200 View Post
    ya man that sucks! i just want to be able to read arabic i dont care about writing.. thats why palm sucks! and if they keep it this way they will never succeed. apple have more than 20 language in there phone, and if you go to apple website and check the features there is a section just for the languages, that why they have sales in all over the world because they understood how to treat any culture and language.im very dissapointed with my palm pre.
    I would suggest you get an iphone if you think Palm is so bad! What do you expect us to do about it? Do you think Palm US should bend over backwards just so you can read Arabic with all the other stuff thier trying to fix. So qiut complaining here, since your so disappointed go get an iphone (and pay an extra $75 a month for service w/AT&T)
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    palm said they are going to fix it Baad Bookrah...lol
    Someone got Hebrew working so maybe Arabic can happen soon too.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-can-done.html
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    iphone didn't support many languages in its first year or two. It will take time for Palm or any other company to start adding other languages to their browser and email client.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    palm said they are going to fix it Baad Bookrah...lol
    bala kezeb ya man
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I don't normally chime in on these threads but I also noticed that I couldn't read Arabic on my Palm Pre. And then shortly after I saw the problem was spreading and I couldn't read Arabic anywhere...not on the billboards or street signs, or McDonald's menu's or anywhere in Plano, Texas. I can't believe my Palm Pre would pass its shortcomings on to me like that!

Maybe after Palm starts spreading the phone around outside the US they'll work in more supported languages.