Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought my Pre on Launch day, and I purchased the Best Buy Black Tie Protection.

Now, 2 weeks ago, I took it back to Best Buy to get looked at, and hopefully replaced or sent to the repair facility.

So I got on the phone with Best Buy last Tuesday. The guy told me that the "repair facility" had just acknowledged receipt of my phone on last Monday. He told me that if I don't receive a call in a week from yesterday to call back again.

Today, I called Best Buy back, and the woman in the cell phone department told me that there had be no update on my case since last monday. And she told me (first time I heard this) that because it was a Palm, it could 30 days to fix from the time that they received the phone. Uggggh

Starting to get a bit pissed about not having my phone. So know I may have to wait another 3 more weeks to get it back, when it has been 2 weeks already.

Has anyone had this similar experience?

Is there anything else that I can do???

Don't think I'll be buying a cell phone from Best Buy again. May cancel the Best Buy insurance and just go back with the Sprint TEP. I would have paid $100 if I new it could be over a month!!!!!!

UGGGGHHHH!

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    with the Sprint insurance they fedex you another one overnight... a month with no phone... i would be pissed!
  3.    #3  
    Surely am, and I'm not sure what to do now......

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    eso de pende de la tienda yo tambien lo compre en best buy y el telefono me dio problemas a la semana y me lo cambiaron sin ningun problema.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by halcon1480 View Post
    eso de pende de la tienda yo tambien lo compre en best buy y el telefono me dio problemas a la semana y me lo cambiaron sin ningun problema.
    Translation, please?

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Babblefish translation:

that of hangs of the store I also I buy in best buy and the telephone gave problems me to the week and they changed it to me without no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Translation, please?

It depends on the store, I also bought the phone at best buy and it gave me problems within a week and they changed it with no problems.

8.    #8  
    I'm out of the 30 day window. I tried to see if they would exchange it, but I really feel like I got screwed!

Really starting to get pissed off that I don't have my phone back

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i've had the same problem. the Best Buy insurance isn't worth not paying a deductable.

my phone had a cracked screen and the slider became VERY hard to slide. apparently that wasn't enough to swap out my phone although it seems as if replacing the touchscreen and slider parts would be much more costly than just replacing the phone.

my phone arrived in Dallas on 8/4. it's still not ready to be shipped back and there is still no target completion date.

when i get my phone back i'll be cancelling BB insurance and going with TEP
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    i've had the same problem. the Best Buy insurance isn't worth not paying a deductable.

my phone had a cracked screen and the slider became VERY hard to slide. apparently that wasn't enough to swap out my phone although it seems as if replacing the touchscreen and slider parts would be much more costly than just replacing the phone.

my phone arrived in Dallas on 8/4. it's still not ready to be shipped back and there is still no target completion date.

Me too

I'm glad I read this. I was debating between tep and bb. If this is how they are handling things tep sounds a little better. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 08/18/2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassh View Post
    Babblefish translation:

that of hangs of the store I also I buy in best buy and the telephone gave problems me to the week and they changed it to me without no problem.
    Ohhh! That's much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by halcon1480 View Post
    U weet het niet aardig is om te antwoorden in een andere taal dat hij niet vertrouwd met is.

Ξέρετε ότι δεν είναι συμπαθητικό να απαντηθεί σε μια άλλη γλώσσα ότι δεν εξοικειώνεται με.

Вы знаете не славно ответить в другом языке что он не знаком с.

Usted sabe que no es agradable contestar en otra lengua que Úl no es familiar con.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I don't wanna make you feel any worse but I bought mine on launch day at Best Buy. I also purchased their Geek Squad insurance. About a month ago I had to exchange my first one for the battery/resetting issue. Then just last Friday, I brought it in because the external speaker sounded like crap and ended up getting a brand new phone. Now I have an extra charger and pouch. I don't know. I may have just gotten lucky but I was under the impression that the Pres do not get repaired, only exchanged.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    U weet het niet aardig is om te antwoorden in een andere taal dat hij niet vertrouwd met is.

YOU weet answer it not nice are in another language which he is not familiar with.

Ξέρετε ότι δεν είναι συμπαθητικό να απαντηθεί σε μια άλλη γλώσσα ότι δεν εξοικειώνεται με.

Know that he is not likeable it is answered in a other language that it is not familiarized with.

Вы знаете не славно ответить в другом языке что он не знаком с.

You know not to renownedly answer in other language that it not by sign s.

Usted sabe que no es agradable contestar en otra lengua que Úl no es familiar con.
    You know that he is not pleasant to answer in another language that he is not familiar with.
    Did you not get the loaner phone?

And, enjoy the sprint one where after 2 exchanges they cancel it and you get nothing else.

The only phones that only get exchanged are iphones.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  17. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Did you not get the loaner phone?

And, enjoy the sprint one where after 2 exchanges they cancel it and you get nothing else.

The only phones that only get exchanged are iphones.
    whether you work for best buy or not; I don't care.

But that is not true. iPhones and Pres go for Rapid Exchange. Would you like to see the paperwork I have for all of mine? I'll gladly scan it, and attach it to the forum. Go to the geek squad counter, even if you're within the 30 day window, if you're paying for black tie protection, and file the claim. They'll tell you it takes about a week.

Rapid Exchange is NOT RMS. It does NOT go to texas' rms logistics facility, like other phones. And in about 3 -5 business days, a new Palm Pre will be sent to the store. Not sure where it comes from, but it's not RMS. Believe me, I've dealt with RMS personally (for a Palm Pre), and have done 3 rapid exchanges since the Pre came out.

RMS sent the phone back to best buy and said we don't do this, these are for RapidExchange.

Funny, how geek squad agents think they know everything.
  18. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post

this issue is not with best buy per se. The phone was sent by mistake to RMS logistics. Get ready for a wait, and go ahead and start chewing out the best buy staff, Cause they're fools. RMS logistics does not handle the repair or exchange processes of the palm pre.

When I did my first black tie protection bb warranty thing, RapidExchange had not been instated for the Palm Pre (since it had literally, just came out). so where did my broken phone go? Why... RMS Logistics of course. I was told it could take up to 30-45 days for something. What ended up happening was I called the district manager, and corporate, and threatened RMS logistics that I'd fly out there, if they didn't send my phone back (at that point, I had already discovered the Palm Pre was to be exchanged via RapidExchange).

I suggest you start harassing your local bb employees, and informing them the palm pre does not go to RMS Logistics for repair. And that RMS logistics (who is in texas btw) does not handle this phone. The Palm Pre is for Rapid Exchange. You should have had your new Palm Pre at the latest, 5 business days. Earliest 2-3 business days.

best buy is mis informed, and doesn't know what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    whether you work for best buy or not; I don't care.

Funny, how geek squad agents think they know everything.
    i didnt ask you to care or not, thanks

If they've added the PRE to RE, then AWESOME! Last I checked, iphone was the only RE phone. But then again, we change stuff every week.

Thanks for your sarcasm, it was much appreciated.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  20. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    i dont ask you to care or note, thanks

funny how Best Buy changes stuff all the time. If they've added the PRE to RE, then AWESOME! Last I checked, iphone was the only RE phone. But then again, we change stuff every week.

Thanks for your sarcasm, it was much appreciated.
    Your welcome. the Pre has been on the RE list for about a month, maybe a month and a half. Honestly, your job as a "geek" squad agent, is not only to help others with their tech problems, but to process the GSBTP claims, for devices eligible for RE, And you should be staying on top of that list.

but who am I to tell you how to do your job.. lmao.. imagine, a peon like me.. telling an almighty geek squad agent how to do his job, on an internet forum.

oh. the humanity.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast