Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    Your welcome. the Pre has been on the RE list for about a month, maybe a month and a half. Honestly, your job as a "geek" squad agent, is not only to help others with their tech problems, but to process the GSBTP claims, for devices eligible for RE, And you should be staying on top of that list.

but who am I to tell you how to do your job.. lmao.. imagine, a peon like me.. telling an almighty geek squad agent how to do his job, on an internet forum.

oh. the humanity.
    sweet. i knew they were in the process of switching a ton of stuff, but wasnt sure when it was supposed to happen

I like how you assume what my position is
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  2.    #22  
    I did not opt for the loaner, b/c I was not going to put the money out (as a hold on my credit card) when I had a my old Instinct (blahh) i could use for free.

I will be on the phone with Best Buy in the morning to try to get this worked out.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  3. enjoyingsilence
    bjshedwick and other users having issues with BB GSBTP, and successfully acquiring a rapid exchange. i offer you my latest geek squad invoice, showing a rapid exchanged unit.

Yfrog Gallery

so yea, it can be done. the phone took the photos with, is the phone that they sent me 3 days later. for the record they gave me a treo pro loaner.
    whether you work for best buy or not; I don't care.

But that is not true. iPhones and Pres go for Rapid Exchange. Would you like to see the paperwork I have for all of mine? I'll gladly scan it, and attach it to the forum. Go to the geek squad counter, even if you're within the 30 day window, if you're paying for black tie protection, and file the claim. They'll tell you it takes about a week.

Rapid Exchange is NOT RMS. It does NOT go to texas' rms logistics facility, like other phones. And in about 3 -5 business days, a new Palm Pre will be sent to the store. Not sure where it comes from, but it's not RMS. Believe me, I've dealt with RMS personally (for a Palm Pre), and have done 3 rapid exchanges since the Pre came out.

RMS sent the phone back to best buy and said we don't do this, these are for RapidExchange.

Funny, how geek squad agents think they know everything.
    This man is correct.

The Best Buy black tie is a Rapid Exchange for the Palm Pre and Iphone only. I can confirm this as a BBM manager. The BBM associates in your store were misinformed I'm sorry to say. You send out your phone and you get a different one in 3-5 business days.

As far as your situation right now, I have no good news I can tell you. What will happen (as I've seen a million phones sent out), is that they will attempt to repair your phone and fail. However it will take a month for them to do so. The good news is that you will get approved for a brand new phone free of charge. The bad news is it will take a month from when they recieve it.

I know this is not your fault, but for future reference, make sure they send it out through rapid exchange. You would have a new phone by now. The Best Buy service plan (at least for the pre), is better IMO, as long as it's done through rapid exchange. I know I'd be pissed too waiting for a month for my pre. Best of luck.
  5.    #25  
    Anyway that I can complain to the Best Buy Mobile dept and/or manager and still get a new phone?

6. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostin View Post
    This man is correct.

The Best Buy black tie is a Rapid Exchange for the Palm Pre and Iphone only. I can confirm this as a BBM manager. The BBM associates in your store were misinformed I'm sorry to say. You send out your phone and you get a different one in 3-5 business days.

As far as your situation right now, I have no good news I can tell you. What will happen (as I've seen a million phones sent out), is that they will attempt to repair your phone and fail. However it will take a month for them to do so. The good news is that you will get approved for a brand new phone free of charge. The bad news is it will take a month from when they recieve it.

I know this is not your fault, but for future reference, make sure they send it out through rapid exchange. You would have a new phone by now. The Best Buy service plan (at least for the pre), is better IMO, as long as it's done through rapid exchange. I know I'd be pissed too waiting for a month for my pre. Best of luck.
    I wouldn't be surprised. they'll take the maximum amount of time RMS is allowed - it's somewhere between 30 and 45 days I think :-/ and the store manager will either send your phone off the right way (again) for RE. or they'll just exchange it with one from in stock as a courtesy... that might require district approval... SO.. if you want to have that done... get to cookin.. start asking for the number to district.. and believe me. it's not a 1 888 number
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostin View Post
    This man is correct.

good to know since one of my 3 BBYM managers told me only the iphone was RE just a week ago.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  8. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Anyway that I can complain to the Best Buy Mobile dept and/or manager and still get a new phone?
    Like I said, others might disagree, I'd make a formal complaint (based on employee negligence and ignorance of policy [RMS versus RapidExchange, on eligible RapidExchange handsets) to store management, and ask for the contact information to the district office.

IF IF IF they try to feed you the line of well. it's 1 888 BEST BUY. Press hard for that local number with a "real" area code for the district office. Believe me, they have a 3 ring binder (at the least), or a computer with a contact list with those numbers.

If you don't get it from that particular store, go to a different best buy.... press hard, drive a hard bargain for that number to district. You'd be surprised what will happen, when you get their local number.

I *MAY* still have the number to the district office here in florida, if you'd like it, perhaps they can put you in contact with your local district office.
    I know I would do a junkout exchange for the phone personally if I know the f up was on our end. Then just process it whenever we get the approval.

That though is store discression, I doubt most stores would be so leanant. There can be serious reprocussions for doing this if you don't know what to do. Won't hurt to ask though.
  10.    #30  
    Well, a complaint will be filed with my local best buy tomorrow

Well, a complaint will be filed with my local best buy tomorrow
    BBYM Manager
    CSM
    GM
    1-888-Best Buy

those are the people to speak to

dont listen about calling the district office for your local best buy. you will get the admin that answers the phone and he will tell you to call 1-888-BestBuy

if the CSM or GM are good at your local store they will find some way to make compensation. Just explain it was processed incorrectly putting you without a phone for a month and that it isnt your problem.

Being as the phone is sent off and out of your hands, its going to be difficult to get a new one out of the store, but you might can get other compensation like a gift card or something for your troubles.
    @agentmock

12.    #32  
    I really appreciate the good advice from you knowledge folks on this forum!

I really appreciate the good advice from you knowledge folks on this forum!
    not a problem....i was a store manager before my current position (Geek Squad Agent), but now, I havent worked in a store in over a year, so im a little rusty on some of the store changes (like the pre going RE)
    @agentmock

14. enjoyingsilence
    you obviously have never dealt with someone like me hehe. when i get numbers, i don't get switch board numbers. i get direct numbers, and cell phone numbers and DID (direct inward dial) numbers can be reversed to an address, which has an advantage - If I'm pissed, I will drive to your location... and knock on your door... And if you know how to talk to someone, e.g. i don't want to talk to someone @ corporate. i'm starting from the ground up... believe me, they'll talk...

in my case, when I filed the complaints regarding my local best buy, RMS, the loaner phone, and et. al, district did the trick. especially when i left her a voicemail letting her know there wasn't this much tension when the slaves were freed, and that I had no problem driving from jacksonville, fl (where I live), to orlando, fl (where she lives/works). and it would be in her best interest to call me. 15 minutes later, i had a call. and what i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    BBYM Manager
    CSM
    GM
    1-888-Best Buy

those are the people to speak to

dont listen about calling the district office for your local best buy. you will get the admin that answers the phone and he will tell you to call 1-888-BestBuy

if the CSM or GM are good at your local store they will find some way to make compensation. Just explain it was processed incorrectly putting you without a phone for a month and that it isnt your problem.

Being as the phone is sent off and out of your hands, its going to be difficult to get a new one out of the store, but you might can get other compensation like a gift card or something for your troubles.
    you obviously have never dealt with someone like me hehe. when i get numbers, i don't get switch board numbers. i get direct numbers, and cell phone numbers and DID (direct inward dial) numbers can be reversed to an address, which has an advantage - If I'm pissed, I will drive to your location... and knock on your door... And if you know how to talk to someone, e.g. i don't want to talk to someone @ corporate. i'm starting from the ground up... believe me, they'll talk...

in my case, when I filed the complaints regarding my local best buy, RMS, the loaner phone, and et. al, district did the trick. especially when i left her a voicemail letting her know there wasn't this much tension when the slaves were freed, and that I had no problem driving from jacksonville, fl (where I live), to orlando, fl (where she lives/works). and it would be in her best interest to call me. 15 minutes later, i had a call. and what i wanted.
    nice! it does vary by district...that wouldnt fly here.
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Did you not get the loaner phone?

And, enjoy the sprint one where after 2 exchanges they cancel it and you get nothing else.

The only phones that only get exchanged are iphones.
    I don't know where you get your info from but my local best buy does do rapid exchange for the pre..

A friend of mine, who is a member of this forum, has had it done twice already and got his phone back in 3 business days...

And I have also had my pre swapped out right on the spot for a new one at best buy because I wasn't happy with the build of the phone and was well out of my 30 days..

50 percent of geek squad employees know absolutely nothing about computers or Phones...

lol I used to have a white macbook a while back and I wanted to swap the white keys on it out for some black keys that I had from another macbook and I didn't feel like doing it my self (which I have done plenty of times before) So I asked if that is something that they would be able to do and I had a geek squad worker tell me that the keys on my macbook cant be removed by a person, that a machine has to do it lmmfao!!!!!!!!!

I started laughing and walked away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    I don't know where you get your info from but my local best buy does do rapid exchange for the pre..

A friend of mine, who is a member of this forum, has had it done twice already and got his phone back in 3 business days...

And I have also had my pre swapped out right on the spot for a new one at best buy because I wasn't happy with the build of the phone and was well out of my 30 days..

50 percent of geek squad employees know absolutely nothing about computers or Phones...
    if you would read the thread, you would see I was just told that by a BBY Mobile manager about a week ago.

I dont work in cell phones, heck, I dont even work in a store anymore.
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i actually work for bestbuy mobile and can say that the pre and the iphone are both rapid exchange. like someone mentioned before they messed up and sent the phone to rms, which we just actually dropped cause they sucked so much. now were using touchstone wireless, hope that goes better but who knows. the iphone and pre insurance plans are actually the best we offer because we dont try to service the phones and there is no limit on the exchanges. only downside is we don't cover loss or theft. but no $150 deductible sure sounds good to me. had a guy come in already thats broken his screen 3 times and each time he just gets a new or refurb depending on availabilty. complain till you get a new one cause this was a majorrrrrrrrr screw up.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    The deductible with TEP is $100 not $150.

You won't be able to add TEP outside of 30 days from your purchase date.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r1_45 View Post
    i actually work for bestbuy mobile and can say that the pre and the iphone are both rapid exchange. like someone mentioned before they messed up and sent the phone to rms, which we just actually dropped cause they sucked so much. now were using touchstone wireless, hope that goes better but who knows. the iphone and pre insurance plans are actually the best we offer because we dont try to service the phones and there is no limit on the exchanges. only downside is we don't cover loss or theft. but no $150 deductible sure sounds good to me. had a guy come in already thats broken his screen 3 times and each time he just gets a new or refurb depending on availabilty. complain till you get a new one cause this was a majorrrrrrrrr screw up.
    To be fair to the mobile team, there wasn't much notice on the Pre going rapid exchange. If I didn't get an email I wouldn't have known myself (as in our store, a week ago, iphone was it according to our gs and manager). So if he came to a part timer then I could easily see this phone getting sent to RMS.

And I'm also looking forward to touchstone and HOPE! that their speed up of service is true. RMS blows in terms of fixing the phones we sell.

Also, I can't stress this enough but be polite. No offense to the guy going to district and "stalking" where people live, I would make you wait, can't stand when people think that being rude can get your way. Just simply state that the phone should have been rapid exchange and see if they can't email their territory manager to get the pre in-store exchange approved. If this happened in my store, I'd do that on the spot for you seeing as it was our fault for not sending it to the right place.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast