Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

    I am still enjoying my 800w. My wife just got a Pre but two features she uses all the time might be a deal breaker for her. Not being able to invite attendies to meetings & not being able to play our .wav file voicemails.

    She likes it otherwise & I have told her that those two issues are no brainers & they will be addressed in an update in the future.

    Since she is 2 weeks into her Pre experience, she asked about trying the Tour. I have no issues with that, I personally dont like the lack of a touchscreen & I am betting the web browser still stinks.

    Anyway, are there any good comparisions between the two?

    Thanks,
    Rich
  2. webdave's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    #2  
    It all depends on what her needs are. If she wants a nice browser and a nice UI stick with the PRE. If she is a heavy PIM user than go with the Tour.
  3. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Hi,

    I personally dont like the lack of a touchscreen & I am betting the web browser still stinks.

    Thanks,
    Rich
    You said it.

    Its just another Blackberry.
  4.    #4  
    I dont think she has had to many issues with the pre in terms of lockups. I think she finds its stable. She did mention she is afraid if she drops it, it will shatter. I think it all depends where it falls. Again, not dropping it is a good first piece of advice

    She does use Email / IM / Calendar much more than web.

    My thought is she can give it a try & return it if she doesnt like it & go back to the Pre.
  5. #5  
    Ya know I'm a heavy email, IM, and text person. I have a BB Storm now and before that I've had several others. Before the Iphone, Pre, and Android the browser on the BB was acceptable but now just to look up something real quick and get back to business is a pain because you have to wait sooooo long to do anything browser related. I'm currently in the process to swapping over even though I love my BB just because of the speed and fluidity the Pre seems to offer. The Tour does seem like a decent BB though from what little bit I've played with it.
  6. #6  
    The Tour not having Wi-Fi was kinda of a deal breaker for me..... so if thats important to you keep it in mind...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Hi,

    I am still enjoying my 800w. My wife just got a Pre but two features she uses all the time might be a deal breaker for her. Not being able to invite attendies to meetings & not being able to play our .wav file voicemails.

    She likes it otherwise & I have told her that those two issues are no brainers & they will be addressed in an update in the future.
    ...


    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    She does use Email / IM / Calendar much more than web.
    Any reason why you have not suggested the Treo Pro? With a WM device, all her concerns work out of the box.

    But the BB Tour can do what she needs out of the box too.

    Once she's past 30 days, Sprint won't want to talk to her about her issues. She can have a device that does what she needs now, or sit hoping Pre gets the updates soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by runawayq View Post
    The Tour not having Wi-Fi was kinda of a deal breaker for me..... so if thats important to you keep it in mind...
    Yea, makes no sense at all that the BB Bold has WiFi, but the Sprint BB Tour which is supposed to be like the Bold does not have WiFi.
  8. #8  
    to me blackberry has been letting me down.
    the os has not shown enough improvements.
    sure its faster but where is the innovation?
    i will stick with my pre not perfect but its getting better everyday
    more apps more homebrew and more updates
  9.    #9  
    She & I both had Treo 800w's. She said hers froze all the time. I still like my 800w but she wont go near it.

    The Treo Pro seems to me, not to be enough of an upgrade from the 800w. I could be wrong though.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    She & I both had Treo 800w's. She said hers froze all the time. I still like my 800w but she wont go near it.

    The Treo Pro seems to me, not to be enough of an upgrade from the 800w. I could be wrong though.
    The Treo Pro is WAY more stable than the 800w. And the known bugs in the Treo 800w, such as Bluetooth volume resets and other issues are fixed in the Treo Pro.

    If you search around the Treo Pro forum for the feedback from former 800w owners you can see. The Treo Pro is a decent upgrade.

    Also, the Treo Pro may soon have custom ROMS available.

    I went from the Treo 800w to the CDMA HTC Touch Pro, same processor as the CDMA Treo Pro and I could not be happier I made the switch. I made Palm buy back my 800w from me, because I was having so many issues. If I had the Treo Pro instead of the 800w, I'd probably still have a Treo, but I'm enjoying the benefits of the Touch Pro now .
  11. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    She & I both had Treo 800w's. She said hers froze all the time. I still like my 800w but she wont go near it.

    The Treo Pro seems to me, not to be enough of an upgrade from the 800w. I could be wrong though.
    I browse the internet often.

    I had a treo 800w. I kept is after buying Pre. I loved the 800w, but it was too time taking for me to browse on it. I have tried all the browsers ( skyfire,iris,opera, opera mini, IE and Netfront), yet the thing is neither fast nor clean.

    This is the issue with any WinMo phone. The one I liked was the Touch HD.
    I didn't own it , but used it for testing. The screen on HD a was 3.8 inch so using OPERA on HD was best

    BB are , well BBs , no touchscreen, no intuitive UI, no good browser.


    The interface on Pre , the cards !!! are something you have to use it to believe it. To be honest iPhone's interface looks antique to me.
  12. #12  
    gbp - You've never used any of the WM devices that have a faster processor, such as the CDMA Treo Pro or Touch Pro? I had an 800w too and everything is a different experience on a device with better hardware.
  13. #13  
    The Pre and the Tour are both great devices, just two different experiences. I just recently dumped my Pre for the Tour, not because the Pre is bad, but I owned 4 blackberries before the Pre and there were just too many things I missed about the BB so ultimately I had to give it up. My GF loves her Pre though.

    Since I spent quite a bit of time with the Pre, I am considering writing a comprehensive "Pre VS Tour" article.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Since I spent quite a bit of time with the Pre, I am considering writing a comprehensive "Pre VS Tour" article.
    I'm sure that would be a good read.
  15. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    gbp - You've never used any of the WM devices that have a faster processor, such as the CDMA Treo Pro or Touch Pro? I had an 800w too and everything is a different experience on a device with better hardware.
    Darnell
    I used original HTC touch and Touch Diamond.
    I explored HTC HD extensively, ( I had it for a week).

    Nope , I give credit where its due. For internet browsing ( sans FLASH) Pre is the best out there. WinMo is a dog.
    I have tried my best to make the internet experience better on WinMo by installing few browsers. I still annoy my friends with my browser recommendations.

    The latest one is Dorothy.

    I like WinMo , but they better be excellent at browsing , till then its Pre.
  16. #16  
    I guess it depends on one's needs. No flash is a deal breaker for me. Even regarding WM broswers, if it can do Flash I don't look at it.

    I know for me, I don't even count my Treo 800w days anymore when thinking about WM, because I've never seen a device that performed that poorly since.

Posting Permissions